Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet
Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet
Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2019, 10:06 AM   #1001
wesayso is offline wesayso  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

It looks beautiful!
Old 18th October 2019, 10:09 AM   #1002
fluid is offline fluid  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesayso View Post
It looks beautiful!
Thanks! An ugly mess next to the array just wouldn't cut it and I don't have a handy curtain to hide them behind
Old 18th October 2019, 10:26 AM   #1003
Halair is offline Halair  Norway
diyAudio Member

Looks very slick fluid - I am a little late to the game but wanted to mention that you will increase the absorption by keeping the sides open.

If waves are allowed to enter from the sides you effectively increase surface area used for absorption.
Old 18th October 2019, 10:44 AM   #1004
wesayso is offline wesayso  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

For me it worked quite well to have the array closer to that damping panel, as it took out first side wall reflections as seen from the listening position. I'm guessing that side wall reflection would hit in front of the panel as it stands right now (as seen if you put a mirror there from the listening spot). I'm guessing this was just a preliminary picture to show off though?
Old 18th October 2019, 12:04 PM   #1005
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halair View Post
Looks very slick fluid - I am a little late to the game but wanted to mention that you will increase the absorption by keeping the sides open.

If waves are allowed to enter from the sides you effectively increase surface area used for absorption.
I considered doing that but decided against it, I wasn't sure I really needed more absorption. I could still do it on all the others but it's quite a lot more work, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesayso View Post
For me it worked quite well to have the array closer to that damping panel, as it took out first side wall reflections as seen from the listening position. I'm guessing that side wall reflection would hit in front of the panel as it stands right now (as seen if you put a mirror there from the listening spot). I'm guessing this was just a preliminary picture to show off though?
The reflection is on the far left of the last picture, the positioning is not fixed yet but I did plan to put the larger width panels across the corners as shown to be bass traps. The original plan was to have another panel to the left for that reflection. It may work better to have the panels behind the arrays rather than across the corners to try and reduce the 140Hz null, time will tell as I will test both. But you are right it was a good position to show the scale compared to the array

I could always build more panels but then I really would be in a LEDE room
Old 18th October 2019, 01:27 PM   #1006
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Nicely done.
How stable do you find that Bosch sliding compound saw on the folding stand shown?

Oh, and your shop is far too clean
Old 18th October 2019, 08:56 PM   #1007
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Nicely done.
How stable do you find that Bosch sliding compound saw on the folding stand shown?
Thanks, the stand is good but not quite as stable as on a bench, just needs a bit more care to keep things in line when doing sliding cuts. The saw throws a fair bit of dust even when hooked up to a vacuum so I tried the stand to make it easier to clean up, works well so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
and your shop is far too clean
Ha Ha it didn't look quite so good a few weeks ago, I had to clean it up to be able to do some more work
Old 20th October 2019, 11:55 AM   #1008
diyAudio Member

Next one underway, I decided to put some holes in the side to try the idea of increasing absorption.

Then I remembered why I decided not to before

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet-img20191020113100-jpg

Ready for glue up

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC Cabinet-img20191020122011-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20191020113100.jpg (500.3 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg IMG20191020122011.jpg (456.1 KB, 384 views)
Old 20th October 2019, 12:30 PM   #1009
nc535 is offline nc535
diyAudio Member

Dizzy from routing so many holes?
At least it reduces weight
Old 20th October 2019, 12:33 PM   #1010
diyAudio Member

I used the TCT holesaw I bought for when I planned to make the array baffle by hand, so no routing.

Definitely lighter I just hope not too wobbly when upright.

Full Range TC9 Line Array CNC CabinetHide this!Advertise here!