Tang-Band W5-2143 5" Full-range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another web source for measured data - TB SPEAKERS W5-2143 (Full-range 5", 8 Ohm, 60 Wmax) - the offaxis response looks much worse than it sounds, I don't complain about that; the upper octaves are a little shy but just a little, no worries about fatiguing with this driver.
XRK971 published his own measured data here - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/235457-decware-dna-horn-29.html#post5119807
And there was a japanese site with some measurements with an enclosure (not the most important); another one: COGのブログ:TangBand W5-2143 36L ZWBR and a recording from the same source - YouTube
General reviews are good to very good but many point it out as an excellent mid range driver... bass is ok with TL maybe not so OK with smaller enclosures.

hello everyone,
I have a different setup , I use CLOSED PVC pipes 6" up to 250 hz actively crossed AND 3" for above 250hz per channel, pointing upwars with ball dispersors on top.I also use a small sub for frequencies under 50Hz.
This gives me a terriffic sound stage ( with your eyes closed you can't tell where the sound comes from).Now I use for medium and heights 3 Fe 22 from Faital, and they are too harsh on the heights , for my ears. I struggled for a while With notch filters of all kind and I got tired of them. What do you recommend instead:W3 2141 OR W5 2143??I am not willing to use any notch or passive crossovers anyway.
best regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.