Port Position in a (folded) MLTL: Line position and/or baffle position?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm attempting to model a tapered MLTL using the leonard audio software. It's my first TL so have been feeling my way through the process.

The schematic looks like this at present

folded_mltl.png

The response in this setup with appropriate damping seems ok however I'm unsure whether I need to change this to account for a folded MLTL.

i.e. is it the position of the port on the line that matters or is the relative placement of the port on the baffle (assuming it exits on the baffle) in relation to the driver itself also important?

GM

Joined 2003
No.

Both due to the vent's upper harmonics comb filtering with the driver's output, though the more damping used, the less issue it becomes, so in the scheme of things one normally just locates the vent at the bottom where it will generate max acoustic efficiency within the limits imposed by both the driver offset and stuffing density.

GM

No.

Both due to the vent's upper harmonics comb filtering with the driver's output, though the more damping used, the less issue it becomes, so in the scheme of things one normally just locates the vent at the bottom where it will generate max acoustic efficiency within the limits imposed by both the driver offset and stuffing density.

GM

thanks for confirming that

Your cabinet design looks good. And it would be interesting to see your LATL outputs (especially system SPL, driver displacement and velocity).

Also, while I'm a big fan of the LATL model, the one part I put very little faith in is the stuffing aspect. Don't spend any effort optimizing the stuffing plan with the model.

Do the modeling with little (or no) stuffing. Then stuff to taste after it is built. For a design like yours, light stuffing of the first 1/3 to 2/3 of the TL should work well.

Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.