full range 15" beyma 15LW30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I need some help with full-range design based on BEYMA 15 LW30.

I would like to know dimenssions, liters and other recomendations that can provide me people who had mounted this driver.

how much absorvent should I use?

Should I respect some proportionality in terms of depht?

thanks

BEYMA 15 LW30 is a woofer, not a fullrange unit. It extends up to 4 kHz only.
Beyma says "Designed for compact woofer applications":
http://www.beyma.com/getpdf.php?pid=15LW30

If you were thinking of "PA fullrange", than it should be in the "multi-way" part of this forum. Combine this woofer with some 1.4" or 2" exit 3" voice coil driver with a horn, in a vented box volume of 125 L, fb=34 Hz. Get WinISD and try.

Last edited:
BEYMA 15 LW30 is a woofer, not a fullrange unit. It extends up to 4 kHz only.
Beyma says "Designed for compact woofer applications":
http://www.beyma.com/getpdf.php?pid=15LW30

If you were thinking of "PA fullrange", than it should be in the "multi-way" part of this forum. Combine this woofer with some 1.4" or 2" exit 3" voice coil driver with a horn, in a vented box volume of 125 L, fb=34 Hz. Get WinISD and try.

Thank you very much for the answer. Yes o planned to mount with sm8060 tweeter.
I tried winIsd but that volume (134-140) could be too big for the box... I am thinking about 70 liters but I don't know if it is appropriate volume...

Thank you very much for quick answer. I planned to mount with smc9060 by beyma.
I tried winsid but that volume (135-150) liters could be too big in my opinion... Compact woofer application. I was thinking about 70 liters but i don't know how yo predice the response. What is the appropriate?

Thanks

If you were thinking of "PA fullrange", than it should be in the "multi-way" part of this forum.

Ah, it's amazing how quickly the full range camp's agents can expose this kind of transgression!

Yet how often do I see one of those stupid "FAST system" threads in the fullrange section! :eek:

Isn't the "FAST" moniker (FAST = full range with subwoofer technology) just a clever way to disguise that this is actually a 2-way (multi-way) system???

Charlie - I've said the same thing numerous times myself - major distinction being that the XO frequency is at least several octaves lower than those more commonly found in simple 2-ways with small dome or even waveguide loaded tweeters. (i.e. circa 200-400 vs 1000-1800 range) - and with careful selection of components, the XO can be less complex. They can certainly work well enough in their intended application.

If Beyma doesn't have specific recommendations for enclosure volume / type for this particular driver, no doubt there are members here competent enough with modeling programs to blast something out quickly enough. In doing so, there can sometimes be a range of options presented , each with their own costs / performance constraints - so it could be helpful to know if there are any particular restrictions to enclosure size.

I planned to mount with smc9060 by beyma.
I tried winsid but that volume (135-150) liters could be too big in my opinion... Compact woofer application. I was thinking about 70 liters but i don't know how yo predice the response. What is the appropriate?
Horn tweeter SMC8060 is not powerful enough for this application. CD1014Fe is much more powerful and about the same price, although it needs separate horn - TD385 for example.
70 L volume is too small (not enough bass), 125-135 L net internal volume is optimal. Become more familiar with winISD, it is a great free tool.

Sonce - is that sealed, or with undisclosed / uncalculated venting?

As to proportionality of dimensions for a given enclosure volume and venting scheme if present, as a general rule of thumb, unless specifically planned as such I avoid morphing to very tall/ small CSA as they may precipitate unintended consequences of un-tuned quarterwave action.

Thank you for recomendations. I have tried SMC8060 and his sensitvity makes the driver sound too loud. So always... have to attenuatte this driver... Although his power. I will think about it...

What I am lloking for is the best box for the woofer. How much absorvent material?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.