Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What are ya'll listening too?
What are ya'll listening too?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th May 2016, 11:21 PM   #1
Mancave62 is offline Mancave62  United States
diyAudio Member

Default What are ya'll listening too?

Great Sunday evening in the deep south. I've got Pandora playing thru my Elekit Tu-8200 out my Fostex Fe206en double reflex speakers...WOW...diy is so great...the Fostex's are so big and right up there in your face, pounding...Love em..
Old 16th May 2016, 01:48 AM   #2
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

So is that a music question or a system question?

Just spent a couple of hours reconfiguring my downstairs system to include a new Rotel RC1570 pre -a nice little piece- with EL84 PP pentode amp and FH3 with Alpair MAOP 7s, quite a nice way to waste an afternoon
Old 16th May 2016, 01:51 AM   #3
nigelwright7557 is offline nigelwright7557  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Listening to a wide range of music through PC->USBDAC->300WRMS folded horn speaker.
An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.
Old 16th May 2016, 01:58 AM   #4
ToddD is offline ToddD  United States
diyAudio Member

Y'all
Sorry pet peeve

Cec cd transport to monarchy dac/preamp to Bottlehead S.E.X. Amp driving fe166en Bib

Today's music was Jeff Loomis (speed metal), Sonny Boy Williamson (blues), Dwight Yoakem, and Led Zeppelin III and I. In that order
Old 16th May 2016, 04:10 AM   #5
Godzilla is offline Godzilla  United States
diyAudio Member

Had these running all week. If the source is excellent so are they. If the source stinks, so do they. Peter, Paul and Mary, Sonny Rollins and Grant Green.

Open baffle TB 1808 over Alpha 15 in H-frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (667.7 KB, 163 views)
Old 16th May 2016, 07:41 PM   #6
norman bates is offline norman bates  United States
diyAudio Member

currently a rca center channel with the lineaum tweeter (not full range driver but 6db filter), crossed active crossover 150hz to quad ppsl subwoofer. Powered by ab international amplifier. I'm on the fence whether to take a bath and get more 2 centers or get 3 betsyK's for a home theater.
Old 18th May 2016, 08:42 AM   #7
norman bates is offline norman bates  United States
diyAudio Member

Change that.
An onkyo receiver pushing a Fane 250tc.
I change often.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:44 AM   #8
Godzilla is offline Godzilla  United States
diyAudio Member

>>> I change often.

Me too.
Old 18th May 2016, 02:58 PM   #9
waxx is offline waxx  Belgium
diyAudio Member

An Alpair 10M in a ported speakers powered from a marantz PM5004 amp in my living room. Old active Tannoye Reveal studiomonitors in my bedroom. in my lab working with some old Philips 9710M and 1065 widerange's (not boxed yet) to find good use for those. In my car (i'm too much in my car) to the rather good onboard system. Sources go from vinyl on a modded Technics D202 or a modded Dual CS601 turntable and webstreaming, flac, high bitrate mp3's and .wav files from my laptop to an Tascam convertor trough a yamaha small pa mixer to amp.

Music goes from classic to breakcore and from abba to zappa... I listen to a lot of music styles. Last on was Eric B & Rakim's album "Follow the leader" (1988 oldskool hiphop) from wav files ripped from the original cd on my car's system.
Old 18th May 2016, 05:54 PM   #10
Ray21 is offline Ray21  United States
diyAudio Member

I change often, too. The relatively cheap(er) cost and simplicity of full rangers really makes it great to try new stuff out.

Office setup: FF125WKeN in mFonkens powered by a MiniWatt tube amp; for bass I have a pair of Tymphany 5.25" woofers in h-frames right on my desk. Crossover/EQ handled by a MiniDSP. Works pretty well, actually.

I have some Fostex FE103Sols and FF85WKs in simple BR boxes that I sometimes will swap in, depending on the mood. I'm considering sending the FE103s out to P10 for fancy dot treatment.

Home: FH3s with Alpair 7.3eNs powered by a Yamaha Aventage HT receiver. A Dayton HO12 in a sealed box provides bass.

Last edited by Ray21; 18th May 2016 at 06:01 PM.

What are ya'll listening too?Hide this!Advertise here!