Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Telefunken radio speaker questions
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2016, 10:16 PM   #1
Ggizzy is offline Ggizzy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Telefunken radio speaker questions

Hi,

I have a Telefunken Jubilate 5261W, which is the US import model of the Jubilate 1261, I believe. The OT has opened on the primary, the traces lifting in multiple spots and both transformers have extremely brittle leads with several repairs.

I'd like to repurpose the speakers for another project, maybe a stereo Mullard 3-3 I'm getting ready to build. I have three speakers total. The first ispeaker is the full-range in the radio cabinet, which is labeled:

CKS
B-19/14/80-33Cu
DIN 45578

On the basket, in red- 841912

It is 9"x4", basket edge to basket edge, with the cone at 8 1/4".

The other two speakers are the satellitle speakers in the photo. They don't have any markings other than some illegible on the cone. They measure 6 1/2"x5".

They all appear to be around 4 ohm? Powered by a single ended EL95. I imagine they might do well with SE EL84 in the Mullard 3-3. But I have no further info on the speakers. I imgine they are full range like the main speaker, but I'm honestly clueless. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (220.8 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Ggizzy; 19th March 2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old 20th March 2016, 01:29 AM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

The speaker in the picture looks to be an isophon. Perhaps the same as the attached?

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg isophon-P1521-FR.jpg (106.5 KB, 80 views)
Old 20th March 2016, 02:05 PM   #3
Ggizzy is offline Ggizzy  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reply! It certainly looks very similar. No markings on the magnet or otherwise on the housing from what I could see. I will pull it out and post another picture. What is the speaker model of your picture?

Also, here is the picture of the speaker from the main chassis. Bit different than the other two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (223.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 20th March 2016, 07:45 PM   #4
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

That one doesn't look like an isophon, and it has a ceramic magnet.

Isophone model numbers usually follow the size… the one i posted a P1521

dave

Telefunken radio speaker questionsHide this!Advertise here!