Telefunken radio speaker questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a Telefunken Jubilate 5261W, which is the US import model of the Jubilate 1261, I believe. The OT has opened on the primary, the traces lifting in multiple spots and both transformers have extremely brittle leads with several repairs.

I'd like to repurpose the speakers for another project, maybe a stereo Mullard 3-3 I'm getting ready to build. I have three speakers total. The first ispeaker is the full-range in the radio cabinet, which is labeled:

CKS
B-19/14/80-33Cu
DIN 45578

On the basket, in red- 841912

It is 9"x4", basket edge to basket edge, with the cone at 8 1/4".

The other two speakers are the satellitle speakers in the photo. They don't have any markings other than some illegible on the cone. They measure 6 1/2"x5".

They all appear to be around 4 ohm? Powered by a single ended EL95. I imagine they might do well with SE EL84 in the Mullard 3-3. But I have no further info on the speakers. I imgine they are full range like the main speaker, but I'm honestly clueless. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! It certainly looks very similar. No markings on the magnet or otherwise on the housing from what I could see. I will pull it out and post another picture. What is the speaker model of your picture?

Also, here is the picture of the speaker from the main chassis. Bit different than the other two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 99
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.