Kid in a Candy Store: New distributor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, well,...

I just found that the Chinese distributor Taobao has opened a taiwanese store front, so that means I have access to product advertised on Taobao.

I've been looking a countless pages of stuff!
Found Vifas mostly, Aura, Fountek, even some Alpair!

And yes.. the TC9 and the TG9. :)
The TC9 is listed at about $15 each, I don't know if I can get a discount for buying more than 50. The TG9 is listed at $23.

There are other drivers that look interesting as well.

Here are a few I found on the website:

An Aura:
518273d1449489111-kid-candy-store-new-distributor-screen-shot-2015-12-07-7.51.25-pm.png

One listed as Denmark driver, which looks a lot like the Peerless 830986, but this one is under $15:
T2PbgMXklaXXXXXXXX_!!36680617.jpg

A Cambridge Audio, I think it's a car audio driver:
TB2XfAnaFXXXXXmXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!2177142917.jpg

And some no-name ferrite:
TB2H0mdapXXXXaPXXXXXXXXXXXX-13355232.jpg

Even found a TG9 with what looks like a smaller ferrite magnet than the original (is the 8Ohms version smaller than the 4Ohms?):
T15dotXmFXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_600x600.jpg

I'm still going over more stuff... some of it not audio related! I.Have.To.Show.Restraint.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 7.51.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 7.51.25 PM.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Congratulations! You finally have a local dealer to feed your addiction! :D

That Peerless 986 is a steal if it measures well. Looks authentic as details appear spot on from photos.

The TG9 looks interesting. Are you sure the magnet is smaller than usual - I think it is lens distortion form a wide angle as the ferrite is same dia as steel pole plate and sticker says TG9FD10-8? That is one of the best if not THE best driver for $23. Buy them! Never heard of a small magnet version but $23 is what they charge at Madisound.

Last edited:
Ok, well, if it all went well, I just bought four TG9FD-08 for $40.

That's $10 each!

They only had 40 units available at that price, and if it goes well, I might clean them later!
The seller seems to have a good rep, with over 600 positive sales this month.

Will know for sure in about a week.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
What a great deal! Fiberglass 8ohm TG9's for $10ea!!! :D

I guess, maybe I should not be surprised because I have a couple of the "black cone" TG9FD's (supposedly Kevlar but since black, I will assume its fiberglass) from Peerless India given to me that were reported to have only cost $6 ea. I just put those into where the SS 10F/RS225 FAST speaker is and they sound great. I am running a 500Hz Harsch XO that really seems to keep the distortion low as that rises below 300Hz on the India Peerless black cone TG9.

The ones you ordered look like genuine white fiberglass though if the photos hold up to reality. A distinct trait of an authentic TG9FD is the rotated 3-spoke basket vs 4-spoke on TC9FD. The corner of the steel plate is also 45 deg relative to flat on bezel. Stickers look authentic too.

Last edited:
Yep, hopefully all will go as planned. I will tell you if that seller is trustworthy in about a week.
If the ones that show up are indeed the real thing, I would be very happy. On the page I got them from, there's even a couple of pictures of the IDS25.

http://tw.taobao.com/item/523821938991.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.U1uMhx&_u=72ho55at5167

I'm happy they are the 8 Ohms version too.

I tried to get the Peerless 986 as well, but for a moment, there was about 90 units for sale, then it was down to 1. Either someone placed an order or the original number wasn't real... plus that seller only had 6 sales to its name... it didn't look too good, so I passed.

Last edited:
What a great deal! Fiberglass 8ohm TG9's for $10ea!!! :D

I guess, maybe I should not be surprised because I have a couple of the "black cone" TG9FD's (supposedly Kevlar but since black, I will assume its fiberglass) from Peerless India given to me that were reported to have only cost $6 ea. I just put those into where the SS 10F/RS225 FAST speaker is and they sound great. I am running a 500Hz Harsch XO that really seems to keep the distortion low as that rises below 300Hz on the India Peerless black cone TG9.

The ones you ordered look like genuine white fiberglass though if the photos hold up to reality. A distinct trait of an authentic TG9FD is the rotated 3-spoke basket vs 4-spoke on TC9FD. The corner of the steel plate is also 45 deg relative to flat on bezel. Stickers look authentic too.

I do not think Peerless India ever made something resembling the Vifa models. It's just another old Vifa Kevlar coned driver that in later life was renamed under the Peerless brand name. That's Tymphany's Peerless. Peerless India is a separate company with no strings to Tymphany as far as I know.

This one: https://www.hifi-selbstbau.de/datenbler-mainmenu-40/breitbandchassis-mainmenu-90/59-vifa-10-bgs-1206 is most probably it's ancestor...

Ok, well, if it all went well, I just bought four TG9FD-08 for $40.

That's $10 each!

They only had 40 units available at that price, and if it goes well, I might clean them later!
The seller seems to have a good rep, with over 600 positive sales this month.

Will know for sure in about a week.

At that price I'd get all of them! :D

Well, looks like the kid realised all the candies were fake.

I was following my shipment through the TaoBao website, and my package was refused by the last stop before going overseas, saying it was illegal contraband merchandise stuff. :eek:

Welcome to Chinese business... they probably didn't pay the last guy enough money under the table.

So, my TG9s are going back to the original distributor, and nowhere near me.

Don't know if I will lose my money or get a refund. I'm not holding my breath.

That's why I didn't try to buy more for a first time. This was a test... looks like it didn't pass.

The feedback could have come from local sales, not international.
Still, they offer it through a Taiwan portal of that Chinese website, so I thought I was covered there.

Looks like it works a little like Amazon, where items sometimes come from other stores directly, but unlike Amazon, TaoBao wants to keep control of it all, and asks distributors to ship to their warehouse first, then TaoBao will take care of the final shipping route.

They rejected the package from the original seller.

Basically, it's just opportunities for bribes. Since that is rampant over there... I'm the guy that gets stuck in the middle...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.