Stella light remake over to my own design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I was looking into kinda doing something like the Visaton Stella light or like the Planet 10-hifi's Tyson speaker's. I would use the basic design but,I wanted to improve upon it and having a different driver configuration in this speaker design? Is it in violation of copy rights or designer copying? I wanted to build a prototype and see where it goes from there? Again I don't want to take credit or offend anyone who deserves it were I don't. Please let me know? I hope this makes sense? Jm

I can probably speak to the question of the Tyson- the drivers implemented in our original build have been discontinued or superseded, but you can think of it as a topology for a small-ish slim FAST, using a 3-5" FR as mid tweeter, crossed over in the 200- 300Hz range.

You could use any combination of similar candidates, such as the current FF85WK, and affordable 6" or so mid-woofers, such as Silver Flutes, Peerless, Dayton, etc. The trick is to either bi-amp with passive or active line level XO, or try to carefully select the sensitivities of drivers to their passband and go passive. Be aware that the parts values for passive speaker level XOs can escalate quickly once below 500Hz

I can probably speak to the question of the Tyson- the drivers implemented in our original build have been discontinued or superseded, but you can think of it as a topology for a small-ish slim FAST, using a 3-5" FR as mid tweeter, crossed over in the 200- 300Hz range.

You could use any combination of similar candidates, such as the current FF85WK, and affordable 6" or so mid-woofers, such as Silver Flutes, Peerless, Dayton, etc. The trick is to either bi-amp with passive or active line level XO, or try to carefully select the sensitivities of drivers to their passband and go passive. Be aware that the parts values for passive speaker level XOs can escalate quickly once below 500Hz

Thank you that helps alot. Thanks for the helpful insights of the Tyson build. Jm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.