Tangband in the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I have been in contact with Creative Sound to ask about shipping 2 W3871s drivers to the UK. They said it could cost from C$17 surface mail to C$47 ExpressMail.

This seems quite expensive to me so im asking is there anywhere in Europe that can supply TB drivers to the UK?

Thanks
Mark.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Kram said:
Hello

I have been in contact with Creative Sound to ask about shipping 2 W3871s drivers to the UK. They said it could cost from C$17 surface mail to C$47 ExpressMail.

This seems quite expensive to me ....
Thanks
Mark.

I won't judge what qualifies as expensive, but when you say "C$17", I assume you mean Canadian dollars.

One Canadian dollar is .6 Euro, so the surface mail price does not seem outrageous, though I don't blame you for looking for alternatives. www.xe.com

Hi kelticwizard

thanks for the link, I can remember reading that when it was 1st posted as well.

The C did stand for canadian.
I know that $17 is inexpensive but going by ship will take quite a long time, I was just wondering if there was anywhere closer to home available.

I will contact the people at http://www.boxen-baustelle.de/ and see what they have to offer before I decide.
I like to do a lot of reasearch before parting with any cash:)

Thanks
Mark

7 months?

well i hope not as i just placed an order with Creative that came to a total of $49 canadian, (£20ish) using surface mail. quite good value i thought.

boxen-baustelle.de have 2 driver left, would cost £44 total. creative = better deal asuming its not gonna take 7 months:bigeyes:

Thanks
Mark

Hello

Erm, i cant quite remember, i remember emailing creative at least once after they said they shipped because i thought it was taking a long time, they replied and the package arived a few weeks later.

I will estimate that it took about 2 months from 1st comunications with creative to package arriving. Not too bad if you are on a budget and not in a hurry.

I still havent finished my boxes, need to use Rakov's table saw again.

Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.