CHBW Mark Audio Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well recently I just finished up a CHBW build using a Modified Golden Ratio design. I am very pleased with the result. While the CHBW does have it's limitations, i found that this particular build is really enjoyable.

The best way I could describe the sound is warm, fast, and forgiving....a perfect match for my musical tastes (minimal techno and ambient chill music).
I love how percussion sounds on a speaker with no cross over. For me a $35 driver/ still better than most of the best crossovers I have heard on very expensive drivers.

Attachments

• WP_20150822_10_46_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150822_10_46_26_Pro.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 310
  • WP_20150822_10_47_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150822_10_47_43_Pro.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 306
  • WP_20150822_10_41_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150822_10_41_29_Pro.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 286
Chris
What tweeter do you have them crossed over with in your MTM design? I have entertained the idea of maybe putting these in a line array to see how they sound. This driver doesn't do so great with really complicated passages at higher volumes. Vocals were a bit muffled at first but I did notice a huge improvement when I used a higher end DAC....big big improvement.

djverne- actually it was from the following kit Creative Sound - Product Details
which included a now discontinued soft dome tweeter ERT26, as well as a crossover designed by Dave Rosgaard. Bob may still have some of them, or factory seconds of the LD22C available Creative Sound - Product Details

Just to be different, my build wasn't a straightforward front firing MTM, but a version of the Planet10 Microtower - a short MLTL, with one of the CHBWs and the tweeter mounted on a 10dg angled top. Putting the tweeter there might not yield the most efficient dispersion, but this pair is used mostly for background / ambient listening.

I quite like this design, and if / when I build another pair with different drivers, I might put a tweeter in yet another location.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.