10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref Monitor

IMG_20190921_150548.jpg

IMG_20190921_150626.jpg

IMG_20190921_150717.jpg

IMG_20190921_150744.jpg

IMG_20190921_150924.jpg a colleague gave me a pair of speakers that remind me of my adolescence. FAST I believe. What do you think about this "oval" full-range alnico speaker (very common in TV sets ) ?

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
On XPS foam cabinet only fiberglass stuffing. In wooden cabinets I use the foil covered mass loaded butyl rubber door panel dampening sheets from car audio. I then line with eggcrate foam and then stuff with fiberglass. The works. There are some photos back in the thread that details this. The Dagger pyramid definitely needs the butyl rubber sheets. The Dagger is stuffed with fiberglass or poly fill progressively denser towards the vertex. Leave about 1in open space behind driver and line first 1in of the perimeter of inside of Dagger mouth with felt or melamine foam sponges (magic erasers).

On XPS foam cabinet only fiberglass stuffing. In wooden cabinets I use the foil covered mass loaded butyl rubber door panel dampening sheets from car audio. I then line with eggcrate foam and then stuff with fiberglass. The works. There are some photos back in the thread that details this. The Dagger pyramid definitely needs the butyl rubber sheets. The Dagger is stuffed with fiberglass or poly fill progressively denser towards the vertex. Leave about 1in open space behind driver and line first 1in of the perimeter of inside of Dagger mouth with felt or melamine foam sponges (magic erasers).

Noted.. thanks
I think I still have some butyl aspalt rubber for car dampening and 1" Fabric Glass (Grey color).
I also have plan to use some magic eraser pad on inside and some butyl aspalt mat (auto mat??) on outside.
My final thickness is 26mm of plywood. some manufaturer made a wrong thickness and sell it as rejected material.:D

Can't just key in the address?
The title is in Chinese... no English on that post.

Code:
https://youtu.be/lhOGlmEriUs

On another note, RPI doesn't support any other language than English (or the default language installed)?
In 2019? Really?
That would be a deal breaker for me, if I were looking for a RPI board.

I didn't know.

Ok, I may have to find out. I am little inexperienced. I am using youtube plugin in Librelec. I will explore.

Can't just key in the address?
The title is in Chinese... no English on that post.

Code:
https://youtu.be/lhOGlmEriUs
On another note, RPI doesn't support any other language than English (or the default language installed)?
In 2019? Really?
That would be a deal breaker for me, if I were looking for a RPI board.

I didn't know.

Yes, the arrangement helps with time alignment if woofer is at ear level. So other drivers would use same technique. But if you will be putting the full range in its own cabinet, you can put it on top and move it backwards 3in to achieve the same alignment.

My slightly more ambitious idea is 2 use a pair of RS225's per side with a 2.0mh coil and try other uppers. I have lots of amplifier channels so the extra sensitivity of the RS225 pair won't be a problem. Just bi-amp.