Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref Monitor
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2019, 09:01 PM   #1871
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

On XPS foam cabinet only fiberglass stuffing. In wooden cabinets I use the foil covered mass loaded butyl rubber door panel dampening sheets from car audio. I then line with eggcrate foam and then stuff with fiberglass. The works. There are some photos back in the thread that details this. The Dagger pyramid definitely needs the butyl rubber sheets. The Dagger is stuffed with fiberglass or poly fill progressively denser towards the vertex. Leave about 1in open space behind driver and line first 1in of the perimeter of inside of Dagger mouth with felt or melamine foam sponges (magic erasers).
Old 30th September 2019, 12:57 PM   #1872
Mas Penk is offline Mas Penk  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
On XPS foam cabinet only fiberglass stuffing. In wooden cabinets I use the foil covered mass loaded butyl rubber door panel dampening sheets from car audio. I then line with eggcrate foam and then stuff with fiberglass. The works. There are some photos back in the thread that details this. The Dagger pyramid definitely needs the butyl rubber sheets. The Dagger is stuffed with fiberglass or poly fill progressively denser towards the vertex. Leave about 1in open space behind driver and line first 1in of the perimeter of inside of Dagger mouth with felt or melamine foam sponges (magic erasers).

Noted.. thanks
I think I still have some butyl aspalt rubber for car dampening and 1" Fabric Glass (Grey color).
I also have plan to use some magic eraser pad on inside and some butyl aspalt mat (auto mat??) on outside.
My final thickness is 26mm of plywood. some manufaturer made a wrong thickness and sell it as rejected material.
Old 27th October 2019, 04:02 PM   #1873
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

If you have these speakers, try playing this drum solo on it. The recording quality is superb despite being only a YouTube clip. You will see the transient perfect nature shine.

YouTube

Thanks to Freddi for pointing out this clip.

Here is also something worth hearing:
YouTube

Last edited by xrk971; 27th October 2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 28th October 2019, 02:14 AM   #1874
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

You like drums?

Try this!

YouTube
Old 28th October 2019, 04:04 AM   #1875
baswamin is online now baswamin  India
diyAudio Member

What am I suppose to search in English? Cause I have RPI and need to search for videos in youtube.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by perceval View Post
You like drums?

Try this!

YouTube
Old 28th October 2019, 04:58 AM   #1876
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Can't just key in the address?
The title is in Chinese... no English on that post.

Code:
https://youtu.be/lhOGlmEriUs
On another note, RPI doesn't support any other language than English (or the default language installed)?
In 2019? Really?
That would be a deal breaker for me, if I were looking for a RPI board.

I didn't know.
Old 28th October 2019, 10:58 AM   #1877
baswamin is online now baswamin  India
diyAudio Member

Ok, I may have to find out. I am little inexperienced. I am using youtube plugin in Librelec. I will explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perceval View Post
Can't just key in the address?
The title is in Chinese... no English on that post.

Code:
https://youtu.be/lhOGlmEriUs
On another note, RPI doesn't support any other language than English (or the default language installed)?
In 2019? Really?
That would be a deal breaker for me, if I were looking for a RPI board.

I didn't know.
Old 1st November 2019, 04:41 PM   #1878
ontariomaximus is offline ontariomaximus  Canada
diyAudio Member

X- does the woofer on top and full ranger underneath also hold for other full range options?:
I am thinking 2 separate cabs so I can try many other options to complement the RS225. Even a small 2 way like wolf's Stance (very good speaker)
I have the 10F's, just ordering the RS225's and planning the construction.
Old 2nd November 2019, 12:04 AM   #1879
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Yes, the arrangement helps with time alignment if woofer is at ear level. So other drivers would use same technique. But if you will be putting the full range in its own cabinet, you can put it on top and move it backwards 3in to achieve the same alignment.
Old 2nd November 2019, 03:31 PM   #1880
ontariomaximus is offline ontariomaximus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
Yes, the arrangement helps with time alignment if woofer is at ear level. So other drivers would use same technique. But if you will be putting the full range in its own cabinet, you can put it on top and move it backwards 3in to achieve the same alignment.

My slightly more ambitious idea is 2 use a pair of RS225's per side with a 2.0mh coil and try other uppers. I have lots of amplifier channels so the extra sensitivity of the RS225 pair won't be a problem. Just bi-amp.

10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref MonitorHide this!Advertise here!