10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref Monitor

Mine is following closely behind in progress...

Hi X, may I ask if the width of the speakers can be increased a little in the future, so that the outer radius of the woofer seats within the front baffle, now I can't radius cut without closing the 2 sides. Will this increase in total volume affect the SQ?

Thanks!

Joined 2021
Paid Member
I see the finish line :D

Attachments

• PSX_20211124_202322.jpg
    PSX_20211124_202322.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 262
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Great work Istvan! That baffle cutout looks really nice. You are getting very close to first sound.

Good progress by my cabinet maker on the set that’s going to go to Hawaii. But a setback is that Amazon shipped me the wrong drivers (papercone) and so now I need to order aluminum cone ones from Parts Express on back order. They won’t be here for another week probably. These paper ones need to get returned.

Attachments

• 1F6F5B0F-5D20-455A-931B-FA8B3533C556.jpeg
    1F6F5B0F-5D20-455A-931B-FA8B3533C556.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 266
  • BF62D4A4-5042-464A-B682-4AB708D34981.jpeg
    BF62D4A4-5042-464A-B682-4AB708D34981.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Joined 2021
Paid Member
Many thanks, X! I am really excited and can hardly wait for the first sounds. But it could take some days because I don't have enough clamps (you never have enough clamps!...) and as we are sitting in a lockdown again, I must order some... or I ask my friends.

Your speaker look great! The issue with A is annoying...

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Wow!
Great work on your TL's Fellas ;)
The TL speaker cabinet is an impressive size but not to difficult to build with mostly square cuts.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't built my wood TL cabinets yet. It's almost 2 years I've been listening to my pink foamcore proto's, and the wife hasn't complained about the pink panthers hanging out in the living room.....Yet!! :D

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Vunce,
I can't believe it has been 2 years already! You were actually the first person to hear the TL's and I guess they still sound great and look decent enough to stay put. I even sent you a precut baffle ages ago. :)

This also says that pink XPS is not a bad speaker building material when faced with some thin plywood to support the drivers. I used my pink XPS sealed cabinets for at least 3 years before they were made of wood.

Thank you guys for the kind comments, mine is nice from far, but far from nice!
Can't wait to hear them sing.

X, your finishes in black look amazing! I haven't decided on my finishes yet.

Vunce, you are the first to build the proto foam-core, you must have enjoyed them tremendously. Hope you find time to build yours soon.

Great work Istvan! That baffle cutout looks really nice. You are getting very close to first sound.

Good progress by my cabinet maker on the set that’s going to go to Hawaii. But a setback is that Amazon shipped me the wrong drivers (papercone) and so now I need to order aluminum cone ones from Parts Express on back order. They won’t be here for another week probably. These paper ones need to get returned.

Is the paper cone version a LOT different from the aluminum cone version (performance wise)?

Istvan,

Great progress and looks like you are very close to first sound. :)

A question on the chamber for the mid-tweeter - the sports cone that you are using, is the narrow end closed? Please note that the mid-tweet section needs to be closed off from the main cabinet so that the RS225 does not modulate the wide-band driver.

Last edited: