A Study of DMLs as a Full Range Speaker

sat11April2015.jpg

Just looking for bass

Last edited:
I've upgraded it a little since those pics were taken. I lined the ends/backside/bottom with cardboard, divided the two halves with a double layer of cardboard, and sealed the top of the entire cavity with a piece of cardboard. Made the thing stronger and easier to handle. The center divider gave the channels (L/R) more separation..

Last edited:
CLS: Gorilla Glue is a polyurethane glue (PU), so when it expands and dries it is just polyurethane :) It is quite firm, pretty dead acoustically. I would say woodlike, or certainly like foam core.

XRK971: I know it is your material, but other threads say that FC is not the best. While there is no consensus (eg. some say glass is great, others say "no"), it seems that thin, rigid, light is best. There are trade-offs of course. No doubt carbon fiber would be best, can anyone afford a 4x8' sheet :) I vote for expanded polystrenge (XPS?) -- available in big sheets, very cheap. Some have foil facing (I have wondered if anyone could use it to make a ready-made planar magnet or electrostatic panel?) and coroplast can be free (unless you get arrested :darkside: )

I give the "speaker cone full of Gorilla Glue" an "F" for results: too much attenuation. For my two remaining drivers I am going to try the cat food tin, a variation on what might be best (xrk's suggestion to use a puck). I don't play hockey, so puck it!

Es para seguir utilizando el sonido emitido por la bocina en si, pero reforzar los bajos con una membrana mas grande al fondo de un baffle abierto (un marco de 3 pulgadas de fondo). En si, un tambor en toda la parte posterior del gabinete.

Help me translate, here is my try.:p
I still using the sound of the small driver, but, transmiting the low freq. to the back panel (the drum) it is a sheet of polipropylene foam (6x4x1) mounted on a frame 3 inches deep..Prototype disassembled to build another one, my goal is to invent the smaller bluetooth speaker with real deep bass. I think I already did it:rolleyes:. maybe to patent:confused:. I want to buy the Bose Soundlink mini to compare but is expensive for me.:(

A Lo-Q System - The Ultimate Flat Loudspeaker

Then in 1988 the friendship between Dr. Bertagni and Placido Domingo forced the company to do the first big sound reinforcement job in Tehotihuacan, Mexico. This concert featured Placido Domingo, with three other soloists, a choir and symphonic orchestra for an audience of about 4,000 people.....

Found: proAV / data and information, lists, tables and links

Un inventor de Argentina !!!

mexian,

Nice find!

Yes, the DML panel is ideal for screen. You may find some examples on the web. :)

------

Among all DML experiments, I believe fun is a factor you'd never miss. Other than that, I hope you guys also notice the unique characters of sound quality.

Bending wave, bi-pole/quasi-omni, and effortless big area radiation provide a very special listening experience, including hugely spacious presentation, superb transient response and micro-dynamics. These keep me going.

ÅS¤Ñ©ç½æ-¥xÆW NO.1 ©ç½æºô¯¸

But is not wide enough, so it can't be a whole continuous area when you need more than 60cm. (it's default 60x90cm)

And I guess it's also difficult to make a uniform press for large flat area.

This core-only material is ideal for making curvy surface, though. But the tool for pressing is even harder to make...

The ready-made paper honeycombs are mostly too thick. Probably good for bass, but I'm not sure for M-HF.