Hammer Dynamics Super 12 looking for cabinet plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dimensions are as per pictures

Attachments

• HD1.JPG
    HD1.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 537
  • HD2.JPG
    HD2.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 535
  • HD3.JPG
    HD3.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 516
  • HD4.JPG
    HD4.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 517
Construction manual size is about 75Mb. Please send me your email address to post it.
Here are some box and x-over (before and after upgrade) pictures.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• zrbl.JPG
    zrbl.JPG
    539.2 KB · Views: 269
  • xover3.JPG
    xover3.JPG
    689 KB · Views: 247
  • xover2.JPG
    xover2.JPG
    596.3 KB · Views: 270
  • xover1.jpg
    xover1.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 282
  • in2.jpg
    in2.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 300
  • in1.jpg
    in1.jpg
    900.8 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_4789.JPG
    IMG_4789.JPG
    743.8 KB · Views: 314
Yeah, life can suck sometimes. Did you email me? I can't find any from you in many a moon.

Aye, I know only too well, although mine pales into insignificance against some of the stuff you've had to contend with.

Yes, day after. :scratch1: Must've got lost in the ether somewhere, which with my current luck is about par for the course. I'll dig it out from the sent mail folder or rewrite.

Scott

I still have email from both accounts back that far, but not there on either gmail or yahoo.

Regardless, seems like one was the same as in the posted manual except with the driver relocated per my calculation and the vent much closer to the bottom at 1/7th, which is what's shown, but I was working off of a layout with the vent much higher, so either I got wrong info or he apparently rethought its location to an odd harmonic for whatever reason.

The driver is too, so technically OK, though further down is intrinsically smoother, allowing less damping to be used.

My 'optimum' version used his CSA, but taller to get the driver up to ~38" based on my driver location calculation, but still don't have access to that spreadsheet, so not sure what the height was. I can't remember if the vent was at 5ths or 7ths though.

GM

Last edited:
was Super12's T-S ~ the same as a stock 12LTA? does anyone here have nominal T-S specs for the Super12 ? (did Super12 use the same 38oz magnet slug as 12LTA - I've always wanted to see a 12LTA build with 54oz)

here's one note: "The Thiele-Small parameters for the current Super 12 driver are Fs 46 Hz, Qts 0.38, Vas 112 liters."

B4D87BE.jpg

Last edited:
bought one - hopefully in proper operating condition - will poke it in a K12 and maybe Karlsonator12. -- ruined a 12LTA - dropped it - no visible damage - but think the shock literally unwound the voice coil. (In the UK there are re-coning kits)

Last edited:
That's all I have. :(

GM

Success of a sorts! Finally 'remembered' that there was a special section in the original FR forum with specs: 'Super 12 Tweaks': Single Driver Website

Specs as of 3.14.13 [apparently they varied over time as he continued to 'voice' them], though pretty confident they would have little/no impact on cab alignments, so same as Freddy posted: Fs 46 Hz, Qts 0.38, Vas 112 liters

Note John's comparison to the Beta 12LT it's based on.

HD's site: Wayback Machine

GM

edit: The 'Sound of Capacitors' link is dead, so go here: The "Sound" of Capacitors

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.