Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

XKi - X's ab initio Karlson 6th Order Bandpass
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th March 2019, 09:46 PM   #891
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Ok, I understand the need for small nodes/cells if one wants high frequencies. 5kHz would be just fine if possible.

My latest laptop has 32GB of RAM and 8 cores of processors. It’s amazing how far things have come for consumer gear.
Old 16th March 2019, 06:20 PM   #892
freddi is offline freddi  United States
diyAudio Member

OT - X - one of us needs to try a modern R-J - The very first article was a slot loaded design with in-direct radiation - then at the second article, it was re-designed into a cabinet which mixed the rear wave with the front wave and a rectangular slot. From what I can conclude, the slot became a lopsided "diamond" in the first production models then the "lemon". Here's a good picture of the R-J with guess a 12" and its "lemon" from a 2017 Audio Karma thread.

Tom and X - since the R-J has a much smaller "cavity" than a Karlson (just the space of the sub-baffle sitting on cleats) -how does that affect the apparent "cone control" vs the Karlson. In fudged sims I don't see a Karlson reducing excursion much compared to a reflex but in observation, the original 15 inch Karlson model can jaw droppingly clobber with very little cone excursion.

I'm not sure if the same size lemon aperture was used on the 15 inch version - I'll have to look through the grill cloth of mine to see, Both the regular 12 and 15 R-J boxes were the same. I have a slim-line version of the 12.

(is there an online keystone correction app ?)
Click the image to open in full size.

XKi - X's ab initio Karlson 6th Order BandpassHide this!Advertise here!