Wide-range wireless self-powered speaker cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After years of mucking around making things (badly) out of wood, I have invested time and effort in a 8x4 CNC router.

With that done, I am looking to make a cabinet that suits a full-range driver.

But... (and please, purists close your ears and eyes - it ain't going to be pretty!) I want to make some Bluetooth speakers with some sort of built-in amplifier (Class T, TPA3100D?)

I have the electronics side sorted - for the wireless and MCU side, at least. What I am looking for is a good cheap amp/driver/cabinet combo that I can make a set of reasonably-easily-transported speakers.

There are some other provisos... I live in the wilds of SE Asia - there are no hardware suppliers here that sell anything other than basic house-wiring cable, big nails and 4" screws. But, we do have good-quality hardwood ply and MDF by the ton, for about US$25 a sheet of 19mm.

Everything I make, other than the timber, will have to be sourced overseas and shipped in.

I can make things with circuit boards, so kitset amplifiers don't scare me. I have an extensive hardware, electronics and data workshop, so I am pretty well set up to make speakers.

What I don't have is a background in audio - specifically in speaker design or a lot of experience with different sorts of amplifiers.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This is an excellent sounding, cheap, easy cabinet. Lot's of happy builds in this thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/239338-mini-karlsonator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds.html

The 0.40x is very portable and the 0.53x is a bit bigger but very full sounding and loud. Inside, Francisco Perez mounted a TPA3110D2 inside, you can easily add the BT and MCU.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/239338-mini-karlsonator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds-55.html#post3878194

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.