New TB for 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 12P are (at Strassacker, Germany) 229€... I'm just not sure if it's per pair or per piece. At chr70 it specifically says it's price per pair, but here nothing, so it shold e per piece. Also, Slovenian distributor told me that 10P are 150€/piece...

By UK dealer you mean Oak Audio?

Fullrange TB for 2015

Good link, thanks.:)

They are very reliable and have fast shipping. I have bought my drivers from them.
Before buying I suggest you to compare characteristics of FR's with different diameters.
Smaller FRs than 5 inc have not enough bass range.
Beyond 5 inc FRs have high frequency enhancement. It would be 6-8 dB over 10kHz and bigger enclosure needed.
In my opinion the best choice is around 5 inc.
And it depends on your wallet as well. :)

They are very reliable and have fast shipping. I have bought my drivers from them.
Before buying I suggest you to compare characteristics of FR's with different diameters.
Smaller FRs than 5 inc have not enough bass range.
Beyond 5 inc FRs have high frequency enhancement. It would be 6-8 dB over 10kHz and bigger enclosure needed.
In my opinion the best choice is around 5 inc.
And it depends on your wallet as well. :)

I like these w5-1611saf, almost dirt cheap, biger than my chr70's and stats look good, too. Might try them. Plus, these Bulgarians are cheaper than any store I ever saw. Again, thanks for the link. :)

I like these w5-1611saf, almost dirt cheap, biger than my chr70's and stats look good, too. Might try them. Plus, these Bulgarians are cheaper than any store I ever saw. Again, thanks for the link. :)

This W5-2143 driver is better than the W5-1611. I have already heard both of them. The price difference is not significant.
Come and listen to it. You are not too far from me. ;)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
What causes the spike above 200 hz then sudden drop down towards 70 db on the 2143 in karlsonator simulations plot posted ? In Latest design for 2143 post #1573

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...onator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds-158.html#post4556008

Thanks...
I just did two sims of the W5-2143 in a MLTL and a Karlsonator, and a MLTL for the W4-2142.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...cone-full-range-driver-8-ohm.html#post4555217

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...onator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds-158.html#post4556008

2143 looks like an impressive performer in K'nator with 91dB bass (after baffle step losses) and f3 of 60Hz.

It's still quite new, so presumably hasn't established itself yet. I'm a little surprised at that; while the 5in category isn't the most popular, there are a few units that do well (Jordan, MA etc.) so the market exists. The impression I get with TB is that as far as FR driver sales go, the majority tends to be in the 3in & 4in category (with some 8in). The 5in, 6in models don't seem to appear as much in terms of projects etc.

It's still quite new, so presumably hasn't established itself yet. I'm a little surprised at that; while the 5in category isn't the most popular, there are a few units that do well (Jordan, MA etc.) so the market exists. The impression I get with TB is that as far as FR driver sales go, the majority tends to be in the 3in & 4in category (with some 8in). The 5in, 6in models don't seem to appear as much in terms of projects etc.

Agree. Most people use FR as PC speaker or add a FAST, "helper", sub, whatever. IMHO.

I'm not having the good results I was expecting...My w5-2143 are in ported (2" or 50.8mm) boxes 14L with 9" (228 mm) width baffle. I am going to experiment further with dampening/stuffing inside and then baffle step compensation (paralleled inductor/resistor in series). I was hoping for a better point source image and wide soundstage...However, maybe I have too high expectations comparing to my other two-way ScanSpeak sets I've build. To their credit, I have beginning to appreciate the details the 2143 is capable of for movie dialogue -- makes a great center channel. The bass is a little weak and there is a slight (and I emphasize slight) excessive mid high frequencies that could be tamed for better coherence...The bass frequencies is what contributes to a good soundstage, and without it, they sound uninvolving. I'll update when I have more time to experiment..

cheers!

Baffle Step compensate for TB W5-2143 Full range

Sound absorber

To improve sound quality is important to deal with room acoustic. I made experiments with a sound absorber sponge. Results are astonishing. Deeper stereo space, bigger and deeper subsounds and the higher range is smooth and realistic. This application is decrease the effect of room acoustic.
I go on testing and make a pretty coating on it. :)

Attachments

• 2016-02-17 21.17.46.jpg
    2016-02-17 21.17.46.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 382
  • 2016-02-17 21.17.27.jpg
    2016-02-17 21.17.27.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 370
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.