Let's hear it for Big speakers

Do you prefer BIG speakers ?

• I prefer BIG speakers and darn it, I'll find space for them in my house

Votes: 124 83.2%
  • I don't prefer big speakers

Votes: 25 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Nelson Pass Kleinhorns are pretty big.

e78c99fab6f4e9980cff1acb38a89ff8.jpg

Here is a big direct radiator:
Giant%20woofer.jpg

But I think Misubishi takes this one:
huge-sub.jpg

Last edited:
... Just wondering if there's anyone else than me that has more than 200 liters internal volume worth of speakers, per channel, in the daily use setup.

128+128+80 = a little bit over 300 liters per side. Is there anyone else that have a similar size WAW setup? Not honkin' my horn or anything, feeling a bit alone, so many small setups around, am I completely off my rocker with this setup?

But after years of exploring my options, I gotta admit, the big speakers just seem to do things better.

My favourite two speakers are Fane 12-250TC and Fane 15-300TC.
Boot hare full range drivers so no messing with crossovers.

I have a pair of the 12 inchers in a sealed cabinet.
I put the 15 incher in a W bin and it sounds great.

Big speakers (As if we needed another US centric thread...)

Well we always want what is out of reach.

For us in the UK and EU, (Or outside USA) space is a premium,
And we can't have palatial sized cardboard homes like you guys.

Ah...we can but dream of space (without having to emigrate somewhere we would rather not be) or dream of a lottery win so that we too can have square metres of cone area to enjoy!

I do not understand what you say about "another US centric thread".
There's not much space in my house, which is far from the US, but I managed to fit a lot of cone area into a small corner. Likewise for Wesayso and others.

It does not have to be expensive either.

Dreaming is for everyone, but sometimes it can be more motivating to dream about things within reach.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.