Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any difference between guitar-cab speakers and home hi-fi speakers?
Any difference between guitar-cab speakers and home hi-fi speakers?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2019, 11:45 AM   #61
vha is offline vha  Europe
diyAudio Member

Ah ok we are talking about the same think for the amps. I am not using beamp actually.
Iwill try this effect with the pipes. and yes if you but a horn in the back you will have a pick in bass which they need.
But still I believe those driver need a woofer for lower that 100Hz
Which 12" sub did you try with?
My 4" faital (I have 2 pairs), are of 30 watts each with 91dB sencitivity with which sub would they feet?
Old 26th November 2019, 12:30 PM   #62
pelanj is offline pelanj  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

I have an active Magnat Betasub30A I bought secondhand for 40 Eur. I run it in mono below ca 90 Hz feeding it with the same line level signal as the amp. The pipes are run full range. Not ideal by any means, but for low level listening it is perfectly fine and gives the sense of bass needed.

The passive subwoofers I am building for the large system will be PA style ca 40 Hz tuned 100l bass reflex boxes, each with a RCFLF15X401 - these have 11 mm x-max and can handle more than 1kW in that box safely.

By the way, I found out that if a loudspeaker's -3fB frequency is 40 Hz, then I am more than happy with the bass performance in the rooms around my house.
Old 26th November 2019, 01:10 PM   #63
moray james is offline moray james  Canada
diyAudio Member

musical instrument loudspeakers are intended to alter the signal which is driving them monitoring and PA loudspeakers are not. One is an instrument the other a faithful high fidelity reproducer.
Old 26th November 2019, 01:13 PM   #64
moray james is offline moray james  Canada
diyAudio Member

double post
Old 26th November 2019, 01:28 PM   #65
vha is offline vha  Europe
diyAudio Member

High power drivers are usually professional drivers. Many of them are not good for HiFi use because they made of "hard" materials to perform in loud volumes for many hours.
Large HiFi drivers need to perform also in low volumes with very good quality, therefore are made flexible materials. In the HiFi market we rarely see large drivers, they are not commercially popular. Maybe that is why it is difficult to find .
As I am not an expert I should look into the following basic factors in order to choose the right driver for HiFi high quality system are the following :
Fs should be very low to give the bass sounds Bellow 50Hz
Sensitivity Above 94dB to get high efficiency with low power amps
Qms should be high above 6, means that the material inside the driver have low mass and so easy to move when played in low volumes
Xmas between 4 and 6mm? large
Qts should be low around 0,4 inorder to have good quality driver that produce good low frequencies with small enclosures
Vas in air volume indicate the stiffness of the driver and so optimal volume of the enclosure Related to qts (!!). Low stiffness is good for HiFi large drivers therefore large Vas.. should I say 22liters (enclosure should be more than 22Liters) - for 12" or 15" hifi driver with Fs35Hz and Qts 0.4

What do you think

Any difference between guitar-cab speakers and home hi-fi speakers?Hide this!Advertise here!