Jordan Eikona 2 Designs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Planet10, I don't know if it's possible, but I would love to see a variation of the design: Mark Audio Alpair 10.x/FF165wk compact Floorstander for the Eikona 2. I love the look of that cabinet, especially the 5* back sweep on the front baffle. Its a small footprint and with the Eikona 2 I would assume you could really get some good LF response with that design. I realize a similar cabinet plan designed originally by Jim Griffin (30MLTL) is available, but I prefer the look of the "compact Floorstander".
I think this would be a cool little project and would appeal to many DIYers.

Regarding the wide/narrow MLTL30 cabinet:

Jim originally designed it with a deeper aspect but prefer wider baffles as the speakers sound 'fuller' with a better upper-bass/lower midrange.

However, if going for a narrow baffle don't use the design as published on the EJJ site (that baffle is too narrow) but go back to Jim's original spec of 18cm wide x 19.75cm deep (internal). All other details remain the same.

Yea mine too, it's a MLTL, removalbe back panel to allow stuffing changes/tuning, imbebded magnets underneath the veneer for the grills. I'm almost ready to finish the veneering and final finishing/tuning. I'll post some pics and impressions in a few weeks when I should be done.

Planet10, I don't know if it's possible, but I would love to see a variation of the design: Mark Audio Alpair 10.x/FF165wk compact Floorstander for the Eikona 2. I love the look of that cabinet, especially the 5* back sweep on the front baffle. Its a small footprint and with the Eikona 2 I would assume you could really get some good LF response with that design. I realize a similar cabinet plan designed originally by Jim Griffin (30MLTL) is available, but I prefer the look of the "compact Floorstander".
I think this would be a cool little project and would appeal to many DIYers.

A little late to this query but our Eikona SL is a recent design on our website which is a compact floor-standing enclosure with sloping baffle. The baffle slope makes enclosure like this look very neat and room friendly but does introduce angles which some constructors find tricky; for that reason we also have the design as a flat baffle version.

Jordan Eikona SL loudspeaker - E J Jordan Designs

SL-Pinterest.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.