Mark Audio Alpair 10.3/A10p MLTL

I cannot wait to build these myself, but it will probably turn out to be a long term project (like most of my other diy projects lately).

@Shirokuma - congrats! They look beautiful in white and great to hear you love the sound. Although I love wood, I am considering going white (maybe just white washed plywood) for these.

@a3cervo - Like you, I'm also waiting to hear other's impressions on down-firing ports. I am thinking to make mine down-firing too.

Mine are finally finished. Took a while, but here they are. Again: I absolutely love their sound and the low end on them is quite stunning! Kudos to the OP!

Lovely work. I love white.

May I also make a recommendation to take them outdoors. I didn't really get how superb the mark audio drivers are until I got them in an environment without reflections.

Setup a picnick rug, grab a sharaz and some cheeses, and float away!

Hi everyone,

I have completed the build yesterday. I have flipped the dimension of the enclosure, thus the wider side is the front baffle, also decided to go with down-firing port. They are in solid mahogany. Here are some pics:

31613170198_8b066a8734_c.jpg
[/url]JG_MLTL_10.3_3 by A Cervo, on Flickr[/IMG]

JG_MLTL_10.3_4 by A Cervo, on Flickr

JG_MLTL_10.3_11 by A Cervo, on Flickr

JG_MLTL_10.3_12 by A Cervo, on Flickr

Hi everyone,

I have completed the build yesterday. I have flipped the dimension of the enclosure, thus the wider side is the front baffle, also decided to go with down-firing port. They are in solid mahogany.

Beautiful build Anton! And great photography. How do you get the black background, or is that done with software?

Thank you for the listening impressions. You have heard quite a few MA drivers in different enclosures - would you say the down (as opposed to front or back) firing ports work well here?

Thanks for the kind words Jerry. The black background is actually a charcoal gray paper backdrop. I have a photography studio which is also my listening area. I barely edit photos nowadays, for these ones I just adjusted white balance and added a bit of contrast.

I have built 2 down-ported MA drivers so far and both received nothing but positive feedback from people who heard them. They work well if you have hard surface flooring eg concrete, tiles, marble etc.

Beautiful build Anton! And great photography. How do you get the black background, or is that done with software?

Thank you for the listening impressions. You have heard quite a few MA drivers in different enclosures - would you say the down (as opposed to front or back) firing ports work well here?