Chinese/Taiwan 5” Dual Cone Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• OB2.png
    OB2.png
    80 KB · Views: 453
wouldn't the back loaded horn described in the Fostex FE166ES R manual be an option?

http://www.madisound.com/pdf/fostexcabs/fe166esr.pdf

Almost certainly not. For it work your 5" driver should at least have a Qts that is similar to the ESR, and in reality it is very different.
I remember that someone recommended a TL in an early post dedicated for your 5" driver. Much more sensible to use a dedicated design.

Last edited:
Almost certainly not. For it work your 5" driver should at least have a Qts that is similar to the ESR, and in reality it is very different.
I remember that someone recommended a TL in an early post dedicated for your 5" driver. Much more sensible to use a dedicated design.

Well that's true, someone was kind enough to do the math for a TL. I still think this would be an option although a bit big according to the WAF, but I'd like to try and to do it myself.

I bought the MJK math cad sheets, but that's just not my cup of tea...

but I found the leonardaudio.co.uk TL software this morning. I did have a quick look but I couldn't find the correct data provided by the manufacturer for Sd and Lvc.

Sd=?
Qes=0.539
Qms=10.5
Lvc=?
Re=6.8 Ohm
Fs=59.5Hz
Vas=15.47Ltr = 0.01547m3

Hi,

I adapter this driver as an OB similar to SL, LXMini speaker configuration. I thought guys maybe interested, anyway this driver sounds great you will not be disappointed.

thanks for your reply, sure it does look interesting and very small! i've found the thread about the "LXmini" but am still stuck at terminology here...

what is an OB, SL?

would you mind sharing dimensions and circuits?

thanks for your reply, sure it does look interesting and very small! i've found the thread about the "LXmini" but am still stuck at terminology here...

what is an OB, SL?

would you mind sharing dimensions and circuits?
OB - open baffle, SL - S. Linkwitz go to his website, do a search you can locate his website very easily, at this sit look for LXMini speakers plenty of info there.
You can design your very own speakers based on this speakers config., you must have speakers measuring instrumentations and digital xcover. I don't think it very difficult to design and very easy to build. Overall this type of speakers sounds really good. FYI I have built many speakers before incl. conventional spks and open baffle spkrs, etc. Overall a worthwhile exercise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.