Ikea Blanda speaker, driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I just stumbled over a few picture of ikea blanda speakers and got very interested in building a pair of my own. But what FR-driver a suited for the new bamboo "blanda" bowls (12cm and 20cm)?

A few drivers I looked at:

for 12 cm:
Faital pro 3fe20
Scan speak 10F?
Tangband W3?

for 20 cm:
Markaudio alpair7
Tangband W4?

I have a (sub)woofer for the bass frequencies.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

These have a cheap Visaton 3.3". Please note that Blanda bowls are not perfect matches, and not quite hemispherical. You can deal with both these issues by using an insert between the bowls. This insert can help you to make a stand, furnish ports etc.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Note superb cabinet work - but you get the idea.

Cheers Steve

Here's my version of the Blanda speaker. I settled to CHR-70 instead of Alpair 7 due to the price, but seeing that the enclosure works quite well, I'll probably do the next build with Alpairs.

Spherical enclosures with MarkAudio CHR-70 gen 3.

boV5In7.jpg

P45E24u.jpg

fM8UGoQ.jpg

dxHqZI1.jpg

7rqWErl.jpg

0GhkRPB.jpg

Bq6jOB5.jpg

Here's one using the Alpair 7.3 and a Blanda stainless bowl. I just mocked up a stand for them today. The interior is quite complex in order get everything to stay put resonance free (to a reasonable degree) and airtight.

This jig I used to cut out a circular hole in the bottom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.