What driver for 30 liters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just came across this during my usual DIY websites rounds:

Amiga Flat pack (Single) - Speaker Cabinets - Flat Packs DIY Sound Group

My downfall in cabinet construction has always been long, square cuts and this appears to be a well designed cabinet that lacks only a baffle (though I'm sure the maker of these could be persuaded to include one). It also has the added advantage of not requiring a pickup truck to transport the typically 4x8 materials to my basement (not to mention cleaning the basement/garage of resulting nasty MDF dust).

Anyone know of a good FR driver that would fit into this cabinet? It appears to be approximately 1 cu.ft. (32 liters before taking into account bracing/driver/vent displacement).

Ha, I was just looking at the data sheet for FF225WK. Looks like the baffle hole would be just a bit too large (assuming 6.5" internal dimensions). Any experience with the FF165WK?

Mark Audio would be high up on my list as well. 2x10p is about perfect according to WinISD in 30.9 liters @ 52hz tuning. That price is getting up there for drivers though (vs just paying someone to build an optimal cabinet for single drivers). 12p looks to be a hair too big on the internal dimensions again.

I am now overcome with curiosity about how 4x10p's would sound on my SET...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.