Woden Design 3" Box Designs, BabyLabs & more

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Scott for the last while has generated a whack of designs for 3" drivers.

I will post them as i get them drawn up. To start Harpoon, a DCR (double chamber reflex) and Lance, a Labyrinth/TL for the Fostex FF85wk.

Scott sent Chris & i an email with the specifications for these, before either Scott or i could turn around Chris had churned out prototypes.

Harpoon-FF85-DBR.jpg

Lance-FF85-laby.jpg

These sound quite good, not the finese of the uFonkenSET, but a bit more extension on the bottom and considerably easier to build.

Double Chamber Reflex Plan
Baby Labs Labyrinth/TL Planset (FF85/105wk, FE103 SOL, Alpair 5.2/6.2p/6.2m, CHN-70, Pluvia 7, Aura NS3)

dave

Edit: plans updated 24-october-2018, now includes Pluvia 7

Since I didn't have correct dimension tubing for the DCR ports, and was in a hurry (completed both pairs in one day in the shop while waiting for lacquer to dry on some other project - FHXLs I think) , I thought I'd try triangular CSA for all three ports (sorry, no photo's of insides) Rather more work than I'd hoped for.

At the end of the day, I preferred the performance of the slightly deeper labyrinth TLs.

Thanks gentlemen for the designs! I would like to try them out (especially the TL design), but wanted to check beforehand whether there's a limitation to which drivers can and can't be used.

What specs should I be aware of when it comes to finding a suitable driver for these enclosures?

Thanks Dave. With the current drivers I have available (that I really should just sell!), it looks like they'll be really weak in comparison to the FF85wk.

Still, these are really nice designs, and I'd believe them to have a good WAF - so I hope to be able to build them properly some time next year.

Thanks again!