Woden Design 3" Box Designs, BabyLabs & more

I may attempt a Falcon as the woodworking looks pretty straightforward for a beginner.
I read through this thread and couldn't find a definitive suggestion for the damping material.
I found some UltraTouch "Denim" but min. thickness was 2".
Do you simply cut it to 1/2" thickness, or is there a different material that can be bought without modification?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
So far none of Scott’s or my boxes, including Bloodhound, care whether yu use A5.2 or A5.3 — as best i can figure the largest thing about the difference is that the latter appeals more to Japan (which still consumes the most Mark Audio).

The CHN50 — except for driver mounting detail changes, also fits the same uMar-Kens as the above.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
In the following link you'll find a pic of a chamfer I did for an Alpair 10.x driver:

556036d1466537108-pensils-alpair-10-3-alpair-10p-zia-a10-chamfered-inner-cutout-jpg

dave

So here is my current progress on the Bloodhound Baby Lab. This is the 1/2" felt damping. Does this look the way it is supposed to? Would like to know before I close it up. Things become much harder to change then. Haven't yet adhered the felt to the wall. Thanks.

Attachments

• A5.3.jpg
    A5.3.jpg
    929.1 KB · Views: 349