Woden Design 3" Box Designs, BabyLabs & more

....just got done reading the post. I indeed have the Lance Cabinets and would be happy to measure where the driver is with respect to the height of the cabinet. Won't be home until very late tonight but will get that measurement to you tomorrow afternoon.
Regards,
Mario

Quick follow-up question. I have just started a set of Lance TL's. I can't find the ultratouch insulation locally. Would either fiberglass or polyester batting be an appropriate substitute, and if so, what thickess (1/2" ultratouch felt is specified)?

I am REALLY looking forward to hearing these little gems (first full-range project)!

Thanks!
Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I am currently building the Lance's. I too can not find ultrafelt touch. I currently have Lamb's wool. I emailed Solen.ca and they indicated that this would be good material to substitute. It comes in 1.5" thickness. It is a pain but I am stripping it down to .5" following what it says on the plans.

This is my first DIY attempt on speakers, perhaps you would want to want for other members to post what they would use for dampening replacing cotton/wool felt and ultrafelt.

take care and good luck with The Lance's...Dave

Thanks sideways for the feedback. I will check out the local fabric store.

Awesome Lances. You did a great job. I love the stain. I am making a pair for my parents. They wanted them matte black. They definitely don't look as nice as yours!

I am just waiting for the drivers to install.

Take care...Dave

I ended up getting 1/2" F13 felt from McMaster-Carr.

Right now both have felt and the first has the second side on and drying (limited number of clamps).

I am looking forward to playing them!

Here is how it looks so far:

Attachments

• P3121560.jpg
    P3121560.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 1,453