BLH/TL Build for Dayton RS100-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, truthfully, it was a sloppy measurment from 2 meters, mostly on axis. I'll run another one today. When I ran that it was late and I had just fired up the equipment which I hadn't used in 5 years. It's the bheringer mic by the way. Let me see what I can do. To be honest though I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to the upper band, I did notice it was awfully flat.

Tom

I just pulled readings from 6 set positions on axis in 1 foot increments. 1 foot from the driver the null points recede quite a lot and 6 feet they are very pronounced. At 1 foot the upper range is still smooth but the 16 k peak is much more noticeable. I think overall my readings are correct. Let's also remember I am not calibrating the amp that feeds the speaker so there may be some variation due to that. I don't think it's a drastic enough variable though. Any thoughts guys?

Tom

For the sake of completeness, here is 1 meter on axis. The speaker is close to in the corner of my office which is 10 foot by 20 foot in size with quite a bit of junk in it. Now, can this be solved through damping or placement? Both factors I will play with when I have time.

Tom

11465560814_62b605d733_o.jpg

Last edited:
Phil, the driver height is 32 inches. Slightly angled ceiling from 8 up to 9 feet. I agree, this driver is dare I say one of if not the best FR driver I have ever experienced. Granted my experience only goes through the fostex line, low end and tang band and The ANS8. but none of the high end tang band line or lowther stuff. Any way you cut it, this is an amazing driver for the money or even 3 times the money. My horn/TL is performing exceptionally well to my ears. The graph may not be perfect but that is frequently the case on many good designs. I do want to try and work out the issues though.

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.