Frugel-Horn XL for Alpair 10.3/10p, Fostex FF165wk, more

On the polyfil, I have both, not very expensive as opposed to the 1/2 inch felt used on the top of the cabinet, haven’t found 1/2 thick blue jean?, probably the new year will be getting another flat pack from Bob Berner, he’s doing a real nice job with the CNC. My FH 3’s went together in 3 days, excellent fit!!!

Hey Kevin,

I got felt if you want some, I include it with the kits but you said not to worry about giving you any for the FHMk3 kit. Let me know if you want any for the 3s. I will include the felt for the XLs with the kit.

Bob

Almost certainly, and if any of the research undertaken for the defunct super cockpit programme (to give one example purely from my own research interest POV), this will also vary with circumstance at time -health, sleep, even potentially time of day. Be that as it may, there appears to be no real disagreement on the questionable audibility of combing, which will itself vary in detail / extent depending on the specifics of implementation.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hello all! Been a while. :) I hope you've all been well!

I have an old pair of A10.2 sitting in a box and I have the itch to finally build a pair of FHXL. Frugal-horn.com says I need to donate $10 in order to get the plans. So donating is the first step but what do I do after that?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Beg, on your knees. ;) Shamelessly grovel.

Alternatively, just send Dave and email letting him know & the plans will be winging your way faster than a boomslang's bowels after the forcible insertion of a steam-powered mutton vindaloo suppository. :D

HA! Thanks Scott.

In the meantime I have been over to your site and am once again tempted by the Silbury.

Do you know if anyone around here has built those?

Also, are the curved backs on your Megalith series essential to the acoustic design, or merely cosmetic? (forget this question, I just read the teaser PDF http://wodendesign.com/planset/Megalith-teaser.pdf )

Last edited:
I just discovered an interesting side-effect of using metal coned drivers - once deformed, they seem to stay like that.

I think this is the result of the dog crashing into the front of the speaker. Just ordered some replacement drivers, I was happy to see they are still available. I suppose a paper cone driver would not have survived very well, either...

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    511 KB · Views: 231