mark audio chr 70.3 vs dayton audio rs-100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi ,
lance here from NYC. ive got a question for you knowledgeable people. im considering a change from the DA rs-100 to the mark MA chr 70.3. other than the hole to be adjusted the enclosure is a perfect fit for the MA. how do you folks stack the MA against the dayton.????

When you say 'a perfect fit' in what sense precisely do you mean? For example, a QB3 aligned vented box (which I do not recommend, but it serves as a comparative baseline) for the Dayton is a little over 4 litres whereas the CHR wants over 15 & a completely different Fb. Ditto for sealed; for a Qtc of ~0.7, a little under 2 litres for the Dayton plays ~8 litres for the CHR (Nb. these are stock acoustic suspension volumes without accounting for damping).

Enclosure alignments aside, the CHR is a slightly larger unit & is basically a bit more capable than the Dayton when used full-range, with a somewhat more linear response in the HF, and greater dynamic range thanks to the larger cone & slightly higher efficiency.

well the box is 8.99 liters the MA numbers came out like this.. f3 =48.13 fb =48.13 the port = 1 2.5cm and length is 5.19. after i plugged in the numbers the MA fit excluding the hole adjustment...all i really wanted was some input on the difference if there is one. the dayton sounds fine to my ears...but if some of you guys think there is a significat difference i would like to hear about your thoughts

FYI - Dayton is coming out with an RS-100 with a paper cone, as well as the current metal cone version.

well then, maybe i'll just build a pensil put the MA in that and then i'll try all three and make some evaluations...assuming of course that the new rs-100 is the same size as the one i have..i was just wondering about some of your sonic impressions..since i see that many have so many types of drivers available to each of you

That's a revolting box alignment for the Dayton. Somewhat better, ironically enough, for the CHR, although it ideally prefers a slightly larger volume. Otherwise, the CHR is a step above the Dayton when run full-range, IMO.

lol, well i sure didnt mean to get you SICK...i hope you will recover...i just wanted some SONIC impressions from YOUR point of view.. thats it :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.