Alpair 7.3 10.3 and 10p vs EAD in WinISD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wanted to do a very quick sim to see how these drivers stack up. I fully realise that real world influences will affect performance and sound but am I right in thinking that the Alpairs don't have quite the extension of the EAD100 (JX92) in a BR application?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 10.48.48.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 10.48.48.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 393
I wanted to do a very quick sim to see how these drivers stack up. I fully realise that real world influences will affect performance and sound but am I right in thinking that the Alpairs don't have quite the extension of the EAD100 (JX92) in a BR application?

27 liter for alpair 10.3 ???? Are you sure is this accurate ? I believe A10.3 should be in 14 L

Depends how much series R you have in the circuit and what your target alignment is. Acoustically large boxes have greater efficiency at the price of power-handling & the need to do more work with the alignment. Generally speaking though I doubt I'd go that large with it either with a regular Small type vented box. Probably a moot point though as this was about 7 years ago.

It's not all about the bass extention, it's the general sound quality that also counts. I never heard those EAD 100 drivers, so i can't judge them, but I see on the spec sheet a very ragged top end which is not good for me. I do love the sound of the metal cone Mark Audio drivers also because the top end is way more controlled and smoother. The resonance peak that is there is way easier to tame if needed. Those EAD 100 drivers would be very good midbass drivers to pair with a tweeter although, if the specs are realistic...

And you put the mark audio drivers in a way to large cabinet, they need a 15 to 20L cabinet. I use my 10.3's in a 17.9L cabinet tuned to 45Hz. That is actually very good for a bookshelf speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.