New uFonken Build Started

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just started building them. Building with Birdseye Maple and Purple Heart. A lot of mill work to clean them down to .5 inches from large rough cut 3/4'' boards. :p I am going to leave the Base of the enclosure at 3/4 inch to help add a little weight to it.

Hope to get the rest done here in the next week or so.

Attachments

• WP_20130909_009.jpg
    WP_20130909_009.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 795
  • WP_20130909_007.jpg
    WP_20130909_007.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 768
Oooooo Thanks for the catch Dave, I am using the WK version and I didn't see that or count it in, I will make a few new cuts ^_^ (I know I bought spare wood for a reason).

The boxes are already a little modified I have the front baffle only going down to the vent plate (so I can alternate the wood colors) so what's a little more modification :)

I finally got around to working on these a bit more (new home, new kid, new job = no time)

Finally started gluing them up only to find I had a lot of movement in the wood after letting them sit for so long. I hope some good glue and extra clamping can get all the warps out :(

Attachments

• WP_20131109_004[1].jpg
    WP_20131109_004[1].jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 627
  • WP_20131109_003[1].jpg
    WP_20131109_003[1].jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 586
  • WP_20131020_003[1].jpg
    WP_20131020_003[1].jpg
    694.4 KB · Views: 604
Nice work, promising so far!

Just one little thing if you allow me: I see there is no chamfer on the inside of the driver hole. Are you planning on making one? This can still be done with an inverted chamber bit. It's really worth it, especially with such a tiny driver-to-lumber-thickness ratio.

IG

So finally got them basically done, ill play with the fill a little bit maybe but for now I am going to let them break in. The base warped the tiniest bit and left an ever so small crack so we ended up placing an inlay to fill it in.

All together happy with the sound, now I need to figure out a good mini sub to fill in the low end just a tiny bit. Maybe a little tangband 3'' parabolic sub ?? :)

Pictures to follow just need to clean them up a little bit.

So after a bit of break in they seem to have filled in a little bit. I added a little more fluff to the inside as I had it a bit light to start. overall really happy with these little guys ^_^

I may still add a small sub to fill in the low end, I may see if I can find a viable way to make something similar to this with 3'' sub drivers that can still hit 50hz.... that is small enough to sit on my desktop between the uFonkens. I know, not optimal.... but hey I can have a little fun :p

The Decware WO32 - High Performance HORN Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.