Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)
The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #4741
wesayso is offline wesayso  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I like playing with it, no doubt, so it's not a big task.
Also there's a big chance I get to learn something from it, and it does give me something to focus on while waiting for the weather to turn so I can finish my #### subs!

There must be valid reasons why people like certain configurations, as far as speakers go. Many people like Open Baffle. Horns have a large following too!
Electrostats, direct radiators, full range, 2 way, 3 way, 4 way etc...
What I'm trying to do is trying to figure out what part of the perceived wave front (from each of em) triggers that preference, without trying (or having to try) all the different speaker types myself . I've listened to a variety of them trough my life, but don't plan to build a sample set of each of em.

I'm still convinced a clean and correct early wave front followed by a properly timed and shaped "rerun", in the form of decorrelated ambience, can give us a very pleasing overall result with both good imaging and tonal joy.
That concept has brought me this far, now let's see if we can make it even better!
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #4742
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

To infinity and beyond!

The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)Hide this!Advertise here!