need some mark audio help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey now.

i wanna try mark audio's but im not sure how its gonna work out. i love full range speakers and have no issues using a subwoofer. i've had audio nirvana super 10's in a monitor box, a 5.6 enclosure, i also added two standard 8 drivers and had them in a 2.8 ambiance. right now i am working on morel/sb acoustics speaker set designed by jeff bagby. but i still miss full range drivers.

i have been told by many that my choice of music is not good for mark audio. aside from classical and jazz i also listen to hardcore, death/thrash metal, outlaw country, industrial and many other forms of music, many of them have shitty recordings (that's what makes some of them so good though, nyhc recorded cleanly looses the rawness). i don't blast my music, but i do listen loud sometimes. oh and i also plan on using the mark audio speakers for watching movies and playing video games as well. sometimes there are loud noises of distortion. hell i've been told if i play nine inch nails on these at a louder volume ill destroy them, even after break in.

but im the kinda guy who when you tell me i can't do something because its not possible i get this real smart *** smirk on my face and go try to do it. do i always succeed? hell no. but i try.

i have no issue using a subwoofer. none at all. that was something else i was told i couldn't do. get the **** out of here i "can't" use a subwoofer. what are you gonna tell me next, i "can't" use a behringer deq2496?

anyway im gonna be using the sub to take care of the real low end so i put less strain on the speakers but my only problem is i wanna be able to cross it over low enough so its not directional.

with all that in mind, which mark audio drivers would be the best for me? would mark audio even be a good choice for me? am i gonna destroy these if i turn them a bit during a movie? im gonna be getting a new amp sometime within the next year, but right now i have an older aurex pre/power set up going.

thanks in advance for all your help.

I have a set of 7.3s crossed at 150hz to a decent subwoofer. My musical tastes include just about everything under the sun. Classical, jazz, country, rock, metal, rap, acoustic, pop, blues, etc etc. I've been told my playlists and "mixed tapes" are all over the place.

I have yet to find a genre of music that the Alpairs struggle with in this set up. Relieved of the heavy lifting via the sub, they hold there own on everything. I will however say that I've developed a new appreciation for quality recordings. Poorly recorded music sounds.. very poor on these speakers. My old fr125 mtm's suffered far less from this effect.

That being said, quality recordings are jaw dropping.

Proceed with caution. Or invest in quality recordings :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.