Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Decware DNA Horn
Decware DNA Horn
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th May 2013, 02:04 PM   #111
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Decware DNA Horn
If you want less high end out of the NS525, maybe add BSC circuit like ~1.0 mH coil parallel with ~6 ohm resistor to tame some of that higher end? Once you add tweeter, won't your high end be even more pronounced and system will feel even more unbalanced? If not enough bass, it may mean this design doesn't have enough overall bass gain to negate need for BSC. ??? Ok, off to work now so I won't be posting until later today.
Old 9th May 2013, 02:15 PM   #112
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

My concept is to split the spectrum. Maximize the natural performance of the lower end of the NS525 with horn theory. and control the tweeter output with circuitry that may or may not include attenuation. Experimentizementation

later..........
Old 9th May 2013, 02:40 PM   #113
cogitech is offline cogitech  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post

More to come in the morning.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post

That's my favourite time too.
Bazinga!
Old 10th May 2013, 02:36 AM   #114
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Decware DNA Horn
@struggles,
Have you put the drivers in your DNA box yet? How do they sound?
Old 10th May 2013, 03:07 AM   #115
faithintruth is offline faithintruth  Canada
diyAudio Member

Interesting how this post has progressed. Has anyone actually purchased the plans from Steve? Why make it out of foam core? I understand the spirit of experimentation but can I get my 20 bucks back?
Old 10th May 2013, 03:24 AM   #116
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Decware DNA Horn
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithintruth View Post
Interesting how this post has progressed. Has anyone actually purchased the plans from Steve? Why make it out of foam core? I understand the spirit of experimentation but can I get my 20 bucks back?
I guess you did! Actually, @struggles said that he built his DNA from purchased plans. Why make out of FC? Mostly because it's easy to cut and doesn't need a power tool, although Bob sort of broke that spirit of doing things by running his carbide blade table saw to trim the boards... It's easy and cheap to do when you are not sure if the final result will be worth your time in real plywood. If it works in FC, it will probably sound even better in real wood. For some of us without a workshop or powertools, the FC will have to suffice to be our final listening product.
Old 10th May 2013, 11:02 AM   #117
zobsky is offline zobsky  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithintruth View Post
Have you actually read the whole thread? Some of us have bought the plans.

Regards
Old 10th May 2013, 01:40 PM   #118
tomlang is offline tomlang  United States
diyAudio Member

I was going to do a quick sketchup model of this but am having trouble reconciling the dimensions.

I took the jpg that was posted, and re-sized it. It was not to scale as shown nor proportional, btw.

You can see how I traced the resized drawing with a CAD program. Then I imported into Sketchup to have it show the dimensions. Some of dimensions are close, some are way off.

Help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dna traced.JPG (38.0 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg dna horn.jpg (90.1 KB, 427 views)
Old 10th May 2013, 02:19 PM   #119
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Tom, I think that is very helpful. I took my first look at Hornresp yesterday and it would be interesting to input both sets of dims to see which works out better. I'm not sure if that's the program X is using, but there should be something that can dial in on the best flair.
Old 10th May 2013, 03:28 PM   #120
tomlang is offline tomlang  United States
diyAudio Member

What I need is a little more guidance to make this drawing. In other words, do I go by the sketch itself or the dimensions? The reason I went with the sketch itself is there doesn't seem to be enough dimensions to construct a drawing.

Decware DNA HornHide this!Advertise here!