Desktop Full Range Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The biggest problem with more bass output on your desk is the desk itself - if you don't have a 1 1/4" granite slab top the whole desk will act as a big resonator and will destroy the sound. If you cannot effectively decouple larger speakers from the desk itself you will end up with highly distorted music. Form and function comes to mind...:) perhaps you noticed that most well appointed recording studios have near field monitors elevated to the proper ear height (off the desk) on a specialized shelf/stand - with plenty of room behind and around to breathe. Building a desktop speakers with more bass if not placed properly will not serve you well. The Auralex Speaker Dudes are good for removing resonant energy, but getting the speakers of your desk is a way to go if you want larger speakers...cheers,
jerry

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Like the "wedgie". This would do the trick nicely…

That comment inspired a spurt that has yielded µFonkenPlus + Wedgie 10° & Wedgie 15° versions.

uFp-3D-set.png

wedgie10-3d.png

wedgie15-3d.png

µFonkenPlus is a little bigger (2.5 vrs 2 litre) and goes a bit lower. It is the same volume/tuning as the µFonkenSET.

dave

Nice tilted uFonken...Sometime ago I made a pair of uFonken and I can attest they are a nice sounding speaker, in my case, perfect in size for my desktop setup which is powered by a Dayton DTA-1 amp. A tilted version, even better, as I made tilted bases with foam to point them towards my ears.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.