Ever think of building a Cornu Spiral horn? Now you can!

There’s more resolution with F (almost double at 9:5) and no need to use a decimal.
Found that silly rant on Google? I sure did. The guy is a... uh, a funny guy. X, you should know this sort of thing with your background. Seriously though, Your body can tell the difference between 19º and 20ºC in air or water but not necessarily so with 1ºF in air. Water? Maybe. So why do you need it to be finer than that? Besides you Fahrenheit people don't mind decimals do you, 98.6º anyone?
My car climate system increments in 1ºF or 1/2ºC so I have finer control with C than with F.
Shall we continue?
Nah, this is way OT. :)
Cheers.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
My home thermostat is in F and I can feel the difference in how cool the AC is between 75 and 76 that’s for sure. :)

Actually, in good old Amarhricann industrial labs like GE, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Ford, GM, etc they still use F on experimental test stands. Inlet air on high performance gas turbine engines is 1050F not 565.5C. But we are way OT. I like my miles and Fahrenheit.

Did you know that a mile is a metric unit? It’s 1000 paces of an average Roman soldier’s stride. Pace is 2 steps (every other step). Walk a 1000 paces and it’s about a mile. Something to be said for that. I happen to like it because I have the exact Roman soldiers pace 5.28 feet.

Last edited: