Ever think of building a Cornu Spiral horn? Now you can!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That’s what they said about Sd when I scaled the FH3 for a 3.5in driver. A few years later, the FH3 lite came out for 3.5in drivers and guess what, it was the same size as the one I scaled based on Sd. It’s a good place to start and can always be optimized by modeling. But sometimes it works quite well.

Homage to FH3 scaled by Sd:
FH3-inspired Foam Core Mini Build

FH3 Lite:
Frugel-Horn Lite for 3" drivers

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I think the smallest Cornu that can take the MCM 55-1595 is a 30in edge. However, this driver has such a high Qts, it seems to produce quite a bass overshoot peak. But it might sound pretty fun given how much coloration there is.

This is a 30in x 4in deep Cornu:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Cornu-MCM-55-1595.png
    Cornu-MCM-55-1595.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 895
If anybody needs help resizing their plans to work with different sizes, I found that this site will make a multipage PDF of the plans for you, and then you just need to trim and fit them together.

Wall art generator - Rasterbator

I went to print out plans at work, and since all of our corporate devices run Chrome OS, and don't have Acrobat or similar, they just use the Google suite of office type tools. Without a more advanced program I found it a bit tricky to impossible to tile pages. Using the Rasterbater online tool, I now have printed up plans for 20", 24", and 28" cornu builds taped together and ready to use.

Of course, you will have to play with your printer settings, but it was pretty simple to get it all going for me.

Time to dig out my extra pair of TC9s, and some black foamcore to start laying out a pair of front/back panels :)