The Hilding horn

Yes, these drivers would suit a Hildinghorn quite good, as You say a bit low fs but You could extend the dept of the cab one inch, other meassures intact, then it loads below fs decently well.

The drivers suffers thou from a ridiciously low sensitivity, 81dB! Thats not a usuable driver for anything but headphones, imo.

DiyAudio, where old threads never die?

I read this thread long ago, and have always wanted to try this.

PE has released some new Dayton drivers.

One of them, the DMA80-8 looks like it might fit the parameters for a Hilding Horn...

Wondering if Ingvar Ahlberg is still checking in, and if he might share his thoughts on the applicability of the little booger...

Dayton Audio DMA80-8 3" Dual Magnet Aluminum Cone Full-Range Driver 8 Ohm

John

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I Have some Beyma 3Fr30 (4.5mm Xmax an QTS 0.49) that I would like to Hornload, preferably make a 2 way Line Array Horn. Any Ideas?

The Beyma 3Fr30 got a winding height of 10,5 mm and a pole plate of 3mm, so (10,5-3)/2=3,75mm Xmax. That's not quite the 4,5mm but still remarkable. The fs is very high (160Hz), that's not ideal. What's the planned partner of the 3Fr30?

sorry i havent been on much i didnt forget
One thing i wondered is how diffucult it would be to rotate the driver 90 degrees so that if the hilding horn was hung on a wall , the driver would face forward. (reason being is i have an acoustically transparent projector screen and these could make a cool and fairly slim left , center , right channel to fit behind the screen, ceiling , rears etc )