MARTELLO-2, a mini-tower from a single 2' x 4'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is another solution for the dogs, little kids, etc, but mentioning this may get me kicked off the site for heresy.
The solution is called grilles.
My 10P speakers are safely protected by the round Parts Express grilles. I have listened to them with and without the grilles, and cannot hear any difference.

In answer to a question elsewhere about using the 7MS in this enclosure (I'd rather reply here to keep things together): sort of, albeit with significant reservations. The alignment shape baldly speaking is OK, but I'd be cautious also. Tuning is pushing it; excursion is higher than I personally prefer & is a bit narrower than I like too; that may be mitigated to some extent by the down-firing vent. It's physically a bit narrower than I'd like for the 7MS also, given that it has no spider & the cone is more exposed to lateral reflections. YMMV, but I'd be inclined to aim for a dedicated design if possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.