A12P break in question -

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm at the 45 hour break in point going on/off at 4hours intervals /1.5 - 2hour cool down breaks in-between when 80ºf in room temp, and extending that to 6hours on when 75ºF.

Been using a Scott222 tube amp/cdp source up till the 41hour off interval at which point i swapped out the tube amp for a cheep Technics solid state recover/cdp source. I was reluctant to do so but decided not to waste the tubes.

Problem is, upon hitting the recovers power button, while i didn't hear any noise from the A12P's till the cdp began, i did see the cones slowly move up and down once:[

I was reluctant to use the receiver because i was afraid that would happen and it did.

So my questions are as follow's:

Did it F' up the drivers?

Should i put the Scott222 tube amp back in place of the SS receiver after the next off period?

Would it be ok to leave the receiver's power on and just turn off the cdp and the volume down to it's lowest point and turn off the cdp source for the hour and a half rest cool down period so as to avoid the start up cone excursion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.