Fidelio cabinets with FOSTEX FE 208 Sigma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody.
This is my first time on this forum. So far i have been posting about my PassLabs Aleph 5 clone. Ok so here is my new fidelio cabinet ... stil not finished but already working. The imaging of sound is astonishing. Mids are so present and natural. No lack of highs. No need for a tweeter in my opinion. Bass is suprisingly low and fast. A little more of it and I could say this is perfect! So far i listened to DIY 2 1/2 way Scan Speak loudspeakers. But i think I will stick to fidelio for a while :). I am looking for anyone who has more experience with this type of speakers to tell me more, meaby some tweaks or sugestions?

Attachments

• cimg0009.jpg
    cimg0009.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,103
Hi

I built Fidelio with Lowther PM6A that I am very happy with. What is very common is to put some damping directly behind the driver and also losely stuff some wool in the vertical thin pipe, (the pipe that is closed at one end behind the driver, do not put any damping in the horn channels.

On the picture of the inside of your Fidelio it seems that one piece is missing. Close to the output in the last corner there should be an extra piece to keep the dimensions correct.

See the drawing on my homepage:
http://www2.gol.com/users/tube/hornspeakers.html

Regards Hans

Fidelio x Fostex design

Has someone compared the performance of the fostex 208S in both fidelio and the original fostex cabinet?

Fostex´s cabinet design can be downloaded from their website. I have attached a jpg.

I ask this because I have a pair of 208S mounted on a baffle, but I want to try a horn, for improved bass response.

Attachments

• 208zbkload_2full.jpeg
    208zbkload_2full.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 971
:) this las piece of MDF is taken out for a terminal and passive filter mounting. And is on it's place. No pieces are missing. But thanks anyway. I allso made a fostex 108 sigma in a zHorn enclousure ... but I didn't like it. Back loaded horn with mouth on front seem to have less bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.