The Fountek Five for FR88ex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Dave,

I do not mean to high jack this thread. I tried to PM you but received an error message that you chose not to / or are not allowed to receive PM's, so not sure what is happenning there.......

I hope you are doing well these days. I was an early supporter of your cause. I was wondering if I could get access to the library that you open to people that give a donation to diyaudio. I very recently became a lifetime fanatic with my donation. I am very interested in full range designs, and will begin to build next year when our house is completed in Crawford Bay BC.

Thank you, if you can do this, and thank you for all the time and effort that you and your peers put into your passion.

Myles McDonald

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes, PMs turned off, you have to use email.

I get better every day thank you. Walking further & further. Tentatively trying to run a few 10s of metres.

I’m not quite sure what you mean re library. The only design that is linked to a diyAudio donation is the Frugel-Horn XL. email me and we’ll work it out.

Lifetime subscription to all the p10-hifi & Woden designs plansets is not something we have thot about before.

dave

FR88EX resonates at 130Hz instead of 95Hz.

Almost at the end of the construction of my speakers I came up with the idea of ​​measuring the impedance of the driver itself and the complete speaker (without lining). And now I have a problem because FR88EX measurements show something completely different from the data sheet. Instead of the promised Fres of 95 Hz, my test set does not want to show anything except 130 Hz. I assume that the cabinet was designed for drivers with Fres = 95 Hz, so it doesn't fit well with drivers with a completely different Fres.

My drivers are brand new, without any 'breaking in' so maybe there is a chance for lower Fres in the future. But 30% difference? I think it is too far.

I would really like to close these speakers and start enjoying their sound (because they do not sound bad even without felt inside), but these measurements disturb my peace :).

Witold

Attachments

• KenLiteWorkInProgess.jpg
    KenLiteWorkInProgess.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 136
  • KenLiteNoDamping.png
    KenLiteNoDamping.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 143
  • FR88EX.png
    FR88EX.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.