Castle vs Coniston^2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recommendations please. I have a 16' x 16' room,plenty of power, and a desire to hear something different from an enclosure. I have listened to 10.2 Pensils, 10.2 MarKen T, 7.3 Pensils and MarKen 7.3. Just got some EL70' quads and looking for advice. Next stop will be FAST with all of the above drivers in sealed units over CA22RNX. This weekend i hope to compare 7.3 MarKen with newly eNabled 10.2's. Boxes are ready and waiting for shipment. Funtimes!

They arrived!

Attachments

• DSC_0067.JPG
    DSC_0067.JPG
    729.7 KB · Views: 242
From Canada to US in 4 days is amazing, period. We have all grown accustom to the modern world and the speed at which it operates. I dont want to talk about eNabled drivers until i recut baffle with proper diameter, but they seem to image better with more detail. Castle or Coniston? Whats is eeSTee. The only one i know of makes makeup. You saying i need help , or patience? :DGoogle here we come! Dave you rock, Kudos!

Last edited:
I just purchased 3 sheets of BB, so i will start on the woofer first and then do the individual cabinets for the FR's. I noticed in the past, you recommended larger enclosures than I might expect, just wandering why. I am traveling tomorrow, and will be figuring numbers for variable active XO. Put it off too long, time to jump in. I was thinking sealed boxes at about 1.5 times VAS as a start. for each driver. thinking something like this

Jensen-1071

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.