Looking for free (T.L.) software? Need help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all I am looking to use some (T.L.) software. I want to build a pair of speakers for a friend as a gift and to see if I can really do this right. I need info on how to calculate the drivers (t/s) then it will tell me how big the box needs to be and so on. I do not know if (M.j.) website is still letting you buy the work sheets? I thought I read some were in post were he was not doing that any more but, I could have read it wrong. I am trying to do this as cheap as I can. Thanks jd

You can also simulate TLs via "Hornresp" or "AkAbak". Both are free to use but not self explaining (the MJK sheets aren't self explaining either). They may not be specialized as the MJK sheets are but the results won't differ so much.
I attached three pictures of Hornresp of my TABAQ simulation. It is not perfect but it shows the idea (driver placement, etc.). And you can look at the "real world results" here.

Attachments

• Hornresp_Input.jpg
    Hornresp_Input.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Hornresp_SPL_Response.jpg
    Hornresp_SPL_Response.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Hornresp_Schematic.jpg
    Hornresp_Schematic.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Hornresp is a free tool to model transmission lines and other types of enclosures.

To model a TL set Vrc,Lrc, Ap, Lpt, Vtc, Atc (there all together in the lower part of the screen) to zero. You can simulate driver position with tools - driver arrangement - offset driver. To save time (about 50 times faster) go to tools - loudspeaker wizard. The last thing you need to know about is the "combined response" function which enables you to see the response graph of the system, not just the pipe output; you can find it in loudspeaker wizard or in the SPL response window - tools - combined response, just click ok (leave zero the path length distance).

You can model all kinds of TL - tapered, simple tube or expanding tube. Just play with the S values.
If you are planning to use stuffing in the TL - Hornresp doesn't do stuffings, so you might wanna add some volume to increase pipe output at the main resonance to compensate for the stuffing otherwise F3 will be higher then simulated (the stuffing "eats" from the pipe output) .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.