FE208E Sigma Back Loaded Horn Plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While all the cuts are square, there are rather a lot of them and I wouldn't exactly categorize them as a "relatively easy" build.

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/speaker_components/pdf/recom_enclose/208ez_enclrev.pdf

I cut material for a buddy of mine to build a pair of similar enclosures for 206ESRs a few years back, and using 5x5 ft BB ply there were 5 sheets of material and lots of cursing to finish the pair.

They did sound mostly wonderful, although not without some issues, aside from being the size and weight of a small upright freezer.

That said, having heard several iterations of Woden BLH for Fostex and Mark Audio drivers ( i.e. Valiant/Maeshowe and Victor), I'd be inclined to consider the Vulcan for 208 - provided Scott can determine the driver is suitable.

Woden Design | Vulcan

of course these are taller than the Fostex design, but nowhere near as heavy

Thanks for the answer

Thank you for your input. I thinking of these because the speaker is still around. But because I found a pair of FE207E's I will build a pair of half Chang's but in the style of the Curvy type.
Peter C.

Attachments

• HalfCurve Chang.gif
    HalfCurve Chang.gif
    90.6 KB · Views: 509
Per my comment on the other thread, I haven't had chance to make any proper checks yet, but it will throw the alignment somewhat out of kilter. The curve on the full sized design is not an aesthetic addition, it's functional.

I'm not familiar with the other thread but if it's functional on the other why not the Half? Forgive my ignorance I'm very new to all this and trying to learn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.