recomendations please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
started an open baffle project and am really happy with the initial results, im using 15" eminence Beta woofer in a folded baffle and a skytronic 12" full range in full open baffle
have a x-over crossing at 250hz
Now the skytronics are el cheapo drivers and have done ok but i want a better driver now, have heard the visitron B200 is good, any others you would recommend 8" to 12" please 8 Ohm

My x-over was designed for the drivers being 8 Ohm if i use a 6 ohm like the visitron will i need to change the x-over?
Thanks
Ron

PS would need something i can buy in europe, post is too costly from US

Thanks,
I did a very simple 1st order butterworth x-over using this calculator ( crossing at 250Hz)
2-Way Crossover Designer / Calculator

i used simple iron core 1mm inductors and cheap caps to the specified values. the result is bloody amazing and im well pleased my standard speakers are Living voice avatar II so not shabby and im using hyperion HT88 SE monos to drive them.
Bass is suprisingly deep, not earth shaking but musical and detailed. The mid and treble is good also if a little shouty at hi volume levels but very entertaining.
I think if i god a better pair of 8 Ohm full range i would hear the benifits.
Wouls good components like mundorf in the x-overs make a big difference to sound quality?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.