Wessex MLTL with CSS EL70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

My weekend project is final - Wessex MLTL - this pretty much jumped my build queue in the past week or so. Lotus^2 will have to wait for now...

http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeakers/Woden/downloads/Wessex-MLTL-0v92-151209.pdf

I am opting for the narrow baffle variation mainly due to room width factor. Besides the tall and slim profile should be nice to the eye :). I am planning to do a 45 degree chamfer on the edges of the front baffle to further accentuate the slimness and help the speakers "disappear" better.

I will build this with a removable back so that damping material adjustment is possible later.

I see the plans have are with round ports only... I wonder if slot ports are also possible?

The other thing is that I have searched high and low for a Wessex build thread or review - found none. Is this the first time somebody will do an actual build?

Will keep posting as the build progresses.

-Zia

Attachments

• Wessex-MLTL 01.jpg
    Wessex-MLTL 01.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 257
  • Wessex-MLTL 02.jpg
    Wessex-MLTL 02.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Port spacer for Wessex slot port

Dave,

I see a "Port spacer" for the optional slot port of the EL166MLTL - for 165mm total available port width, the ports are 54mm each, with a 57mm port spacer between them.

For internal baffle part width of 146mm for Wessex, I have taken a port spacer of 50mm, and the 2 slot ports will be 48mm each. The port spacer will run to the back of the port shelf.

Should work? Or spacer should be narrower/wider?

-Zia

Attachments

• Ell166 MLTL single woof slot port.jpg
    Ell166 MLTL single woof slot port.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 196
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.